• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Paul, Fisher putters

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
You took the mick because they are sold by fools in a certain shop, and serious golfers don't do this. Yet Furyk just walked into a shop, paid his 40 dollars and won the Fed-Ex, Calcerveckee-er did something similar a few years ago. You really need to broaded your horizons matey boy, you are becoming one of those strange golf snobs that think a 50 quid cover on a Scotty makes you a better player ;)

Seriously, I stumbled on the Fisher green insert by accident. I was chatting to a designer who has made his own putters and developed a putting coaching technique, and who has several patents, but he tried to get close to the green insert and couldn't for legal reasons. The poiunt being there are rules than govern the softness of the face,for obvious reasons. But its easier for many people to have athe softest face possible as it replicates the feel you would have if you just bent over and putted with your fingers, as an example. I can safely say its the only putter which I can genuinely use the same through swing as back swing, the ball stays on the face as long as is legally possile, and this green insert is as close as you can get to the legal limit

Stop being snobby, try one.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I agree with Dave, the fisher green insert is the real deal. On fast greens you wont find a better putter.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
what is this Fisher green insert that you speak of. Never heard of it!

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
It would take my brain months to adjust for long putts using something that soft. That's not to say that they aren't decent putters of course.

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Its a beautiful feel, like we used to get when we putted with balata. Think about it, table tennis players dont have very hard bats so the ball bounces faster of them do they? Fine for drivers, but why not have something that puts the feel into hands using a putter. Trust me, that Fisher green insert is the best kept secret in golf. Just because its retailed out of AG doesn't make it shit

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
Its a beautiful feel, like we used to get when we putted with balata. Think about it, table tennis players dont have very hard bats so the ball bounces faster of them do they? Fine for drivers, but why not have something that puts the feel into hands using a putter. Trust me, that Fisher green insert is the best kept secret in golf. Just because its retailed out of AG doesn't make it shit

I always liked the hard sandpaper paddles.

I do like a soft feeling putter though. I would prob ho the fisher but I have a putter that I'm in love with. I think I'm going to marry my putter. She's been very good to me and she's gorgeous with delicate curves. I've been a ho long enough, I think it's time to settle down.

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006

It's the fact they are $hit which makes them $hit, nothing to do with where they are sold!!! I've actually had a go of the other fella who bought one in the UK and it is mushy as fcuk off the face, very hard to control distance with. You probably like that as it deaden's that twitch you have with your putting stroke.... almost a yip as I recall :) Now just because you like a mushy feeling putter that looks crap thats your choice but doesn't make them good.... have you tried a STX, very soft feel and do belly and broomhandle options, that should help your twitch even more :p

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Can someone explain to me how increasing dwell time improves roll? Why would this be the case?

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Dunno, same reason why I cant explain why the Yes groves dont work, they just produce a skid, I don't know why

Paul, first round in 8 months, shot 78 and bagged 28 putts, thanks to my new friend, the little green insert

ps their insert covers the whole face, thats why their patent is special imho

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Dunno, same reason why I cant explain why the Yes groves dont work, they just produce a skid, I don't know why

Paul, first round in 8 months, shot 78 and bagged 28 putts, thanks to my new friend, the little green insert

ps their insert covers the whole face, thats why their patent is special imho

So do the STX putters.... If it works for you thats all you can ask for and all anyone's really looking for, I just like pulling your leg!!!

BTW, it was a Yes Sophia which your Pal Furyk just won the playoff's with, I actually have one in my spare clubs somewhere?!?!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
So do the STX putters.... If it works for you thats all you can ask for and all anyone's really looking for, I just like pulling your leg!!!

BTW, it was a Yes Sophia which your Pal Furyk just won the playoff's with, I actually have one in my spare clubs somewhere?!?![/QUOTE]

Sweet! Throw it on ebay, maybe you can get $39 for it or $11.5 million! LOL!

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
BTW, it was a Yes Sophia which your Pal Furyk just won the playoff's with, I actually have one in my spare clubs somewhere?!?!

I was trying to figure that out. I was thinking it was a Nicky, the more squared off version of the heel putter.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I had a look at the Fisher website & it lists about 4 different insert types depending on the speed of the green. I don't know how ground breaking the Fisher insert would be for us weekend golfers given that we likely play diverse courses with different green speeds. Buying a Fisher putter (with a particular green speed insert) might make the golfer a "one track pony".

🔥 Latest posts