• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

PayPal problem

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I made a small payment using PayPal to someone who has a listed PayPal account. Upon reviewing my history about 3 weeks later, I noticed that there was no record of the payment sent. Thinking I may have hallucinated the whole thing, I made the payment again, after verifying that the payee had not received the funds. Lo and behold, the second try failed as well.

I contacted PayPal, who agreed that the payment had never been made, even though they could tell that there had been two attempts. The first Customer Support rep had no idea why this had happened, and it took a couple of additional e-mails to get an answer.

And here is PayPal's answer:

From what I can determine looking at the payment attempts, none of your funding sources were being available via the PayPal system at those times. The reason for such denials is usually due to our Internal Security Model disallowing individual transactions.
PayPal employs an internal security program. This program evaluates every transaction as it is attempted in the PayPal system through complex statistical analysis. Occasionally if this internal security program
detects that a payment similar to this in the past has failed, it may block
one or more of the funding sources in your account.
This program does not look at you as the buyer or the seller individually,
it looks at the PayPal system as a whole. Unfortunately, once it has come
to a decision about a transaction, we are unable to override this decision.
You may be able to make this type of payment in the future, but we are
unable to give you exact specifics of the reason why this transaction was
denied.
I apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you, however there is no way for us to override a transaction that is being disallowed by our Security Model. To ensure that your payments complete successfully, please verify the transaction has completed by checking your 'History'.

Thank you for using PayPal for your online payment needs.

FYI Shottalkers - check your PayPal payment history, lest an angry eBay seller give you negative feedback for a failure to pay.

token_hottie

token_mommy... oops!
Jan 12, 2006
Long story short -

I'm sorry sir, you have ho'ed enough clubs for a lifetime. Either learn to hit the ones you have or give up the sport. We cannot allow you to waste any more money on new clubs.

Sincerely,

Your Friends at Paypal.

:D

OP
Eracer

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
token_hottie said:
Long story short -

I'm sorry sir, you have ho'ed enough clubs for a lifetime. Either learn to hit the ones you have or give up the sport. We cannot allow you to waste any more money on new clubs.

Sincerely,

Your Friends at Paypal.

:D

I've been unable to find quality golf instruction on eBay. Maybe I can come visit and you can give me some lessons? Besides, I've got to spend my millions somewhere.

icon12.gif

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Eracer said:
I've been unable to find quality golf instruction on eBay. Maybe I can come visit and you can give me some lessons? Besides, I've got to spend my millions somewhere.

icon12.gif

:wow:

I shoulda asked for more than 30 bucks! LOL...

R35

OP
Eracer

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Rockford35 said:
:wow:

I shoulda asked for more than 30 bucks! LOL...

R35

I can't imagine what the duties will be when I send that Carrera your way.
icon12.gif

🔥 Latest posts