• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

PBS Documentary Preview (VIDEO): 'Forgotten Fame: The Marion Miley Story'

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
I RECENTLY WATCHED A PBS DOCUMENTARY that profiled Marion Miley, a standout amateur golfer in the 1930s from Lexington, Kentucky. She played on the Curtis Cup team and could outdrive female stars like Patty Berg and Babe Didrikson, according to the USGA.

Here's a blurb about the documentary from Twin Cities PBS:

Although professional athletics were deemed improper for women in the 1930s, trailblazing golfer Marion Miley's exceptional talent and winning personality captivated sports fans across the country. But at age 27, Marion was tragically murdered in her home at the Lexington Country Club in Kentucky. FORGOTTEN FAME: THE MARION MILEY STORY tells the story of the headline-grabbing crime that cut short the life of this pioneering athlete.​

I thought it was an interesting documentary on a female golfer about which I knew little or nothing, even though she was nationally known during the Great Depression and early 1940s.

Like me, you might find this documentary on your PBS station. Or it's available via the PBS app on your TV or other device.

To read about her, check out "The Tragic Death of Marion Miley" by the USGA.

Source: PBS Documentary Preview (VIDEO): 'Forgotten Fame: The Marion Miley Story'

Members online