• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Pebble Beach- US Open; says it's no joke!

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Wow.. nice scores today so far.. Very little red on the book for alot of players. It's interesting they said the course isn't as firm as it will be this weekend, and the wind isn't really playing into the teeth of the course like it normally does...

And they still aren't taking advantage of it.

It will be interesting, thats for sure!

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
I'm continuing my run of excellence in picking major championship winners. After Round 1:

"Steverino" Marino, +2, T55
"The Family Guy" Mickelson, +4, T82
"I Luv a Big Fanny" Stenson, +6, T105
"I Am NOT" Gay, +7, T110

Can anyone beat that? :)

Oh, wait! We were supposed to pick the guys with the lowest scores? Oh, *^$%*!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Pebble Beach set up for this Open is a whole different course then what I've seen in the past. It is NASTY. And the greens really look poor. Bumpy and very strange looking grass....

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
The greens are predominantly poa-annua and thats just how the stuff looks. It also tends to be bumpy when it gets heavy use and is a biatch to read. Putts literally can look the exact opposite of what they are. Left to righters look right to left and you would bet your life on it. Then you stand there wondering WTF just happened.

The course is set up tough but fair (except for 14 possibly). Should be a good weekend.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
The greens are predominantly poa-annua and thats just how the stuff looks. It also tends to be bumpy when it gets heavy use and is a biatch to read. Putts literally can look the exact opposite of what they are. Left to righters look right to left and you would bet your life on it. Then you stand there wondering WTF just happened.

The course is set up tough but fair (except for 14 possibly). Should be a good weekend.

Well, god (Tiger) said the greens were awful, so they are awful. They must have been bentgrass back in 2000. I find it amazing that he can bitch, especially since any time anything could have gone his way in the past, it did. You're a Buddhist, Tiger. Its called karma, and you have a whole wave of negative shit coming your way.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Well, god (Tiger) said the greens were awful, so they are awful. They must have been bentgrass back in 2000. I find it amazing that he can bitch, especially since any time anything could have gone his way in the past, it did. You're a Buddhist, Tiger. Its called karma, and you have a whole wave of negative shit coming your way.

LOL, mostly I agree. I didn't hear him make the comment about the greens. I did hear him say "it's a process" when asked about how his game is progressing. I don't know what to think with him anymore.

He has said several times in the past few years that he is not a fan of Pebble's greens. That's why he doesn't play the Pro Am, well that and 6 hr rounds of golf.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.