• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Pelz V Rotella

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
dave. said:
The guy with the right mind would win 100 out of 100,even if he putted standing on his head.

This statement is flawed in it's entirety. Would you be in your right mind if you putted standing on your head?

I get what you're saying tho. And I agree, to an extent. Being technically sound is important, but it's not absolutely everything.

R35

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Seriously,a guy with a head full of Pelz will lose to a guy who just sees the target and hits it,all the time.

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005
dave. said:
Seriously,a guy with a head full of Pelz will lose to a guy who just sees the target and hits it,all the time.

Why either/or? A guy who is technically proficient, without having to think about it, and is loose and free with his stroke, I would think would hit his mark way more often than a guy who was loose and free in his stroke but variable in the way he stroked it.

Now, if each has his move grooved, that's a different story. That's Ben Crenshaw versus Bobby Locke. Dead heat.

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Yep,2 players with great putting minds,one of whom coincidentally had a great stroke,although I bet Pelz would disapprove of how far Crenshaw stands from the ball.

You can be both of course you cam,but that wasn't the purpose of the thread.Personally,I reckon Tiger fits that description better than Crenshaw,although I loved watching Crenshaw putt.

Members online

No members online now.