• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Personal advice requested--

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
... may or may not be a pertinent question as well, as I don't know the circumstances. If this does not pan out, what is the fall back plan? Does it involve your parents? If it does, what do they think about this, as they likely know you better than us?

If it does not involve them, then I do sincerely apologize, but was worth asking.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
I think we took it with us. Have heard the last few years how mild the winters have been. Remember in college sitting out working on my car with a tubular heater that I borrowed from a friend when it was -32* and a -54* wind chill factor so we could drive home on Christmas Eve. Also remember several winters where it never got above freezing for about 4 months straight. Snow would just pile up, freeze, then pile up again. Always thought it was mild out here in comparison, but my my wifes mother keeps telling us it is much nicer out there now. Just thought she was going crazy. :D

Oh yeah, the last 5 or 6 years the winters have been mild. Last winter YG and I played a bunch of golf in Jan. and Feb. In fact, he had a streak of mid-70ish rounds that was pretty incredible at the end of Feb. and we mostly played in mid-40's weather.

I know the bad winters will be back and I'm ready for them. I remember one of the winters you were talking about too -- I drove from KC to Michigan at Christmas to visit my mom. Was -11ºF when I left and had to stop several times in northern Missouri because the gas line on my truck kept freezing even with a bunch of gas line de-icer in the fuel. Couldn't get any heat out of the heater either, even with the radiator totally blocked off with cardboard. Seriously cold that was.

I just figured since I bought a snowblower last year it would keep the really bad weather away for a little longer... :laugh:

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
I just figured since I bought a snowblower last year it would keep the really bad weather away for a little longer... :laugh:
Amazing how that works, isn't it??? I buy a snowblower after several miserable years, then it only snow enough that the snow blower won't easily pick it up (although after the first year, it did pay for itself)

Go out to Golf with a 90% chance of rain, and put the raincover on the bag to start. It is like just putting the raincover on scared the rain away. :D Have done that more times than I can count.

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
OK SUX, here's your plan. Buy an MG, load it up with your clubs, a toothbrush, and some clean underwear. Then spend 3 months driving around, visiting ST'ers and playing golf. After that, you'll be ready to pick a city where you feel comfortable.

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Vegemite is one of the most disgusting things in the world. You have to be OZ born (I'm not, I just have lived there since I started uni like 10 years ago), and kind of "Redneckish" to enjoy the maravelous invention of eating yeast's evacuations....

Guess I'm not redneck enough...

I CAN'T STAND THE SHIT!!!!!

Most horrible thing you could ever spread on something you eat, and that includes various types of animal faeces.

OP
SilverUberXeno

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
What're ya charging for rent, Lefty?

I dunno if I could spend that much time with someone standing on the wrong side of the ball, though...

scgamecock

Feb 5, 2009
Visit charleston sc, its the shiitt, especialy for a 21 year old. Its like shootin fish in a barrel man. Its relatively easy to get a job at a hotel down there.

Also check this out.
Paradise Lost

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.