• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Personal putting greens

britto22

Oct 8, 2006
With the rising popularity of the synthetic personal putting green, maintenence free and easy to install, how popular do you think building personal putting greens with actual turf could be. The real thing right in your own back yard. Not some rinky dink minature golf hole. Maybe even a tee, with a 120-150 yard shot at the green right out your back door. Im curious to what people think.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
The neighbors 5 houses down might get mad if they see me in thier front yard with a 9iron.
icon10.gif
Seriously though, if I ever have the land to do it, it is my dream. That and an indoor net with a launch monitor.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
My goal in life is to have a 3 story house, the entire thing with a synthetic green instead of carpet, then have putting comps around my entire house! (obv chipping up the stairs etc...). Man am i guna have to have an understanding wife:p

Thatll be the day:D

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Man am i guna have to have an understanding wife:p

Thatll be the day:D

Or a man-slave, y'know, whatever.

Honestly, I can practice my wedges in my backyard(well SW and LW), and I spend extra time putting at the course. I don't practice my wedges in grass though, in thick bushes and such, so I'm strong out of the rough :D

I live in the bounies.

JoshinWA

Aug 31, 2006
I looked into this - my wife and I own some acreage with a perfect hill down to a flat area for a 125-150 yard "hole". We will go the synthetic route, can't remember the brand, but the claim is that, once sanded, it can hold a 150 yard shot. We will also put up a net behind it, perhaps a sand trap and "pond", and then with the size of the green and the back yard, will have 2-3 angles at the green, so like miniature 3-hole par 9 course.

And the best part ---- HER IDEA!!!! I LOVE MY WIFE (not said in Italy like the commercial).

Members online

No members online now.