• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

PGA Merchandise Show day 1

Manavs

Bodybuilding Golf Pro
Dec 19, 2008
Hey everybody, I had a very productive day at the Demo Day on wed and day one of the PGA show today. A few pics below as well.

The best thing for me at the demo day was getting to try all the different shafts. I hit the diamana blue board for the first time 65 and 75 - s and x in both. very surprised to find me hitting all of the blue boards fantastically. maybe the x75 was the best, but not by much. they also let me hit their prototype kaali (sp) shaft - absoloutly the coolest two tone colored shaft ever!

the red voodoo shaft x 70g shaft was amazing as well.

i got fit from the cleveland tour wedge guy, and found i need medium bounce on my wedges - or go with the dsg wedges which i couldnt miss with!

finally got a chance to hit the ping s57 iron - very solid! impressive. never been a ping fan but this is awesome.

dissapointed with the adams speedline. color and shape are awesome, sound is tinny and terrible. loved the adams insight though and forged irons.

callaway diablo driver and 9 something - yuck! not for me, very popular though. great forged irons though this year.

titleist - dissapointed with the vokey wedges, great finishes but visually not shaped like i prefer - typical and traditional vokey shape though.

cobra - the new s9 pro driver in black is phenomenal. great shape sound and feel.

flightscope is very cool as is trackman - i couldnt pick a winner - both awesome.

today at the pga show, i was able to hit the accra dymatize shafts - wow, pretty cool stuff. im in a crux, i gotta get a new shaft but dunno what to go with.

accusport was there. great inexpensive portable launch monitor that doesnt require a laptop. its awesome!

founders club has a new forged blade out - sharp looking.

i didnt spend too much time in the hitting bays as i had to get to work pushing my book around. looks like golf today magazine out of canada and african american golfers digest out of ny city are both going to do write ups. golf range magazine is looking for an angle to work me in as well. i turned in books at golf mag and golf digest - lets hope they pick it up and run with it.

got to meet joey d the personal trainer for vijay. we hit it off, maybe it was cause we're the only two with muscles in the whole place lol, :beach3: but it was cool. turns out his deceased brother was a bodybuilder and really enjoyed hearing about my competitons etc. really wowed by him. genuine guy.

on the other spectrum - dr jeff rose from the titleist performance institute department, is a wafer thin individual with zero muscles. touting how to get in shape at the tpi booth. the nerve of a guy who weighs 135 lbs soaking wet is going to teach anyone how to build muscle :bang: pathetic.

saw my former professors from my almma matta. they didnt recognize me. lol that was fun.

all in all a fun day - there was so much and its late. it might be easier if someone wants my comment on a certain product line than to just talk about everything i saw.

so without further a do.. pics!
0128091553.jpg
0128091634.jpg
0128091634a.jpg
0128091639.jpg
0129091138.jpg

OP
Manavs

Manavs

Bodybuilding Golf Pro
Dec 19, 2008
just thought the monkey butt was cool!
0129091331.jpg
0129091437.jpg

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
just thought the monkey butt was cool!

lol....monkey butt at a golf show?

Well, i guess if you are riding the cart for hours on end you might have a slight case...

While riding ATV's or dirtbikes monkey butt is a real problem...and hurts alot...lol

Wish i could have been down there for this show....i'm coming two weeks too late.

OP
Manavs

Manavs

Bodybuilding Golf Pro
Dec 19, 2008
Very good summary of the show! Did you hit any Ping drivers? :)

Warbirdlover, i did try out a ping driver at the demo day. It had a 55 g X shaft in it (it wasnt a good shaft for me too light). The head felt good, and it launched high.

OP
Manavs

Manavs

Bodybuilding Golf Pro
Dec 19, 2008
Just a few pictures from day 2

a weird helper dog that wouldnt quit

a john madden favorite

a nerf golf bag that is going to be shipped to rory sabbatini

and dog golf back yes weird
0130091139.jpg
0130091512.jpg
0131091348.jpg
0131091502.jpg

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Just a few pictures from day 2

a weird helper dog that wouldnt quit

a john madden favorite

a nerf golf bag that is going to be shipped to rory sabbatini

and dog golf back yes weird

Another proud graduate from the WBL school of photography:ugly25:

OP
Manavs

Manavs

Bodybuilding Golf Pro
Dec 19, 2008
lol what's the story with the dog bag?

its like a full blown fuzzy animal! can you imagine opening your trunk at the bag drop and giving that thing to a caddy?! :faintthud

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.