• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

PGA Merchandise Show Day 1

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Once again, I hope you enjoy some of the videos and pics I posted from the show. I'm working on a bunch more.

Did they have some sort of photography limit at the show? The VAST majority of photos I've seen are just of booths, not so much of specific equipment shots.

I personally would like to see the equipment, not the booth.

R35

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
No personal cameras allowed, but that rule was broken all over the place. The only cameras supposedly allowed on the floor were registered media cameras.

Most of my equipment shots were taken with the permission of the people at the booth. At some of the busier booths like Taylormade and Callaway I just took shots as no one was available to even ask as they were all booking orders. The only folks who resisted haveing their equipment photographed was Bridgestone who gave me a media CD instead. Not a whole lot of new stuff under the Bridgestone label this year anyway, so we were not missing much.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Roger that, Tim. I thought forsure this was the case. So many booth shots, not many of equipment (outside yours).

I remember last year, the Golf Channel was at the show 24/7. That gave a nice insight to the new stuff, but I still preferred the online pics as they showed more detail.

This year, those pics seemed to be lacking for the most part.

R35

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
The Golf Channel and another TV group were inside the show but not filiming as often as you would expect.

I think I have a few booth shots, but who wants to look at booths? I figured the rest of the ho's on the sight wanted close up of the new equipment because thats what I would have wanted. Looking at my pictures, I wish I took some more angles of some clubheads and had an address postion for all of the clubs I photographed. Live and learn. If I get to go next year I will know better.

Most of the folks at the booths were more than happy to have me photograph their stuff, especially the smaller outfits. Some would even help me out or move other people out of the way so that I would not have shadows across the photo.

Once I told them I would be publishing them on a web site full of equipment crazed ho's they all grinned from ear to ear like this ---->:D

mediaguru

Feb 13, 2005
I took a ton of booth shots and a bunch of close ups too. I mainly was trying to get BABE shots though. If you look at my gallery so far, you'll see gear shots with 7 views and the ones that have babes in them have like 40 views... hehe.

🔥 Latest posts