• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

PGA Merchandise Show Day 1

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Perhaps they meant that you don't have to care about accuracy because it's automatic, so only worry about distance?

If I were marketing a driver, that'd be my pitch of those 2 options.

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
Perhaps they meant that you don't have to care about accuracy because it's automatic, so only worry about distance?

You would think so but nope, the rep said something along the lines of "I dont care where it goes i just want to get it as far as i can and hit a wedge" not surprisingly this is the driver Daly will be using.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Daly is using this driver.

He currently sits 83rd in driving distance. :rolleyes:

Sweet, I'll take two.

R35

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
'Tim,

I found it interesting (and not surprising) from Mediguru's video of the TM booth that they're marketing the Burner driver as "a driver that you don't care about the fairway, you just want to hit it long." Basically, zero accuracy.

Did you get the same feel?

R35

Unfortunately, I have not hit the Burner yet. Every time I go by the hitting station there has been a lengthy line. I have one more chance tomorrow, so I will make it a priority to get in line and try it out. I have some photos that I will be downloading tonight and putting on the page, nothing you have not already seen, but interesting.

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Nice work, 'tim. I'm checking out the Simpac site now.....

oops, there is none.

OFFICIAL WEBSITE IS COMING SOON!

You tease, you.

I talked to the folks at Simpac again today, they are hoping to get the web site up and running online as early as Monday. I have some photos I will post later on this evening when I download the camera.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
I talked to the folks at Simpac again today, they are hoping to get the web site up and running online as early as Monday. I have some photos I will post later on this evening when I download the camera.

I find it odd that a company would go to the expense of showing gear at the PGA merchandise show and then not have all their 'marketing ducks' in a row.

That'll cost them. Without the website they may be very forgettable.

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I find it odd that a company would go to the expense of showing gear at the PGA merchandise show and then not have all their 'marketing ducks' in a row.

That'll cost them. Without the website they may be very forgettable.

There product is not quite ready either, they were included in the addendum to the list of presenters so it was a last minute deal. The stuff they had on display was from the Korean/Asian market, they are hoping to get full up in the US in the next month or so. More of a preview or taste before they hit the market.

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005

Cool 'tim, thanks. It'll make road testing a square head a whole lot more cost effective.

How're your feet? :D

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Cool 'tim, thanks. It'll make road testing a square head a whole lot more cost effective.

How're your feet? :D

The dogs aren't even barking anymore, they're going on strike. :D On the plus side, I have probably lost several pounds.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
The last four days were bad for me. Every day I had to go man our booth at the FETC (Florida Educational Technology Conference) in the South Hall of the convention center, while Tim was prowling the PGA show in the West Hall. Every day I had to stop myself from abandoning my job to try to sneak into the West Hall. Life is hell.

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005
Every day I had to stop myself from abandoning my job to try to sneak into the West Hall.

What, abandon. Tell the powers that be that this presents a unique opportunity for a little cross-over technology "research."

It could work. Really. :rolleyes:

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
First post updated with associated photos.

Enjoy,

ualtim

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
What, abandon. Tell the powers that be that this presents a unique opportunity for a little cross-over technology "research."

It could work. Really. :rolleyes:

I thought about grabbing one of our $10K video cameras and trying to sneak in with my FETC badge. But who would have talked to all the hot teachers coming by the booth? The married guys? OH yeah, they were already doing that.:laugh:

mediaguru

Feb 13, 2005
Once again, I hope you enjoy some of the videos and pics I posted from the show. I'm working on a bunch more.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.