• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

PGA Superstore

EHokie

They Like it When I Wag
Jun 24, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I went in one of these for the first time today (vacationing in Georgia). I've never seen a STORE this big, much less a golf store. I mostly hit an FT-9 with an X-flex Blueboard. I was a bit surprised I was only averaging around 270. I actually was hitting the XS at the perfect trajectory and longer than the Reg or Stiff. Also, something odd: I'm confused as to how I was hitting Mizuno blade 6 irons about 185-190. 6 months ago I swear I was lucky to get a 6 to go 150. How much distance is the hitting mat and launch moniter going to add?

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Look at your ballspeed, launch angle, and spin if available. Pay little attention to the "distance" generated by most simulators. It's frequently "boosted."

To get 270+, you really need a ballspeed in the high 150's at a good launch angle (12-14). If your numbers weren't there, your distance wasn't either.

OP
EHokie

EHokie

They Like it When I Wag
Jun 24, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Look at your ballspeed, launch angle, and spin if available. Pay little attention to the "distance" generated by most simulators. It's frequently "boosted."

To get 270+, you really need a ballspeed in the high 150's at a good launch angle (12-14). If your numbers weren't there, your distance wasn't either.

I'm thinking the driver was fairly accurate. It's the 6 iron distances that were blowing my mind.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
They can also set the monitor to "iron" mode or "driver" mode, so it can throw a lot off.

Never believe your actual distance on those things unless you understand if your SS, ballspeed and swing numbers are fairly normal on it then you can know if the "distance" it shows is close.

For driving distance on those things to my understanding for accuracy the two most important numbers are ballspeed and launch angle. I found it baffling that I got a couple drives out to the high 200s and rolled one out just over 300 at my local golf town, but my friend came and looked at it telling me it was right, even though my SS was only at 104 and my LA was 14.3, my ballspeed was really high from really solid contact and a solid release right through the ball.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.