• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

PGA TOUR HIGHLIGHTS: Rory McIlroy Satisfied to See Work Is Paying Off After Winning Wells...

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
RORY MCILROY SHOT A 68 in the final round of the Wells Fargo Championship to finish 10 under and win by a stroke. It was his third Wells Fargo victory (2010, 2015 and 2021) and 19th title on the PGA TOUR.

Abraham Ancer (66) finished second.

It was like old times. The Wells Fargo at Quail Hollow, which was cancelled last year due to the pandemic, featured large galleries on Sunday that cheered McIlroy to victory. Rory loves playing in Charlotte and winning on Mother's Day was a sweet bonus.

He said, "Ever since I first set eyes on this golf course, I loved it from the first time I played it, and that love has sort of been reciprocated back. I've played so well here over the years."

It had been 553 days since Rory's last tour win at the World Golf Championships-HSBC Champions, according to PGATOUR.COM.

He added: "I felt good about my game coming in here, but I wasn't expecting to come and win first week straight out again. It's satisfying to see the work is paying off, but it's just the start. There's so much more I want to achieve and so much more I want to do in the game."

McIlroy will soon have a major chance to build on his success. The PGA Championship begins on May 20 at Kiawah Island in South Carolina, where Rory won his first of two PGA titles in 2012.

Source: PGA TOUR HIGHLIGHTS: Rory McIlroy Satisfied to See Work Is Paying Off After Winning Wells Fargo Championship for Third Time

🔥 Latest posts

Members online