• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

PGA TOUR VIDEO: 61 and 63 on Weekend Earn Jim Herman the Trophy at the Wyndham Championship

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
JIM HERMAN GOT HOT AT THE RIGHT TIME. The 42-year-old journeyman fired a 61 in the third round of the Wyndham Championship at Sedgefield Country Club in Greensboro.

That low number sent Herman up the leaderboard and gave the long-shot assistant pro a chance for a rare win going into the final round.

But could Herman stay hot? It's hard to go low in consecutive rounds.

It didn't take long to learn the answer to that question. Herman rolled in a 59-foot eagle putt on the first hole and went on to shoot a 63 in a final round and finish 21-under for the tournament. It was good for a 1-stroke victory over Billy Horschel, who closed with a 65.

"That was out of the blue, I'll tell you that," Herman said.

When he's not on the PGA Tour, Herman works at Trump National Bedmnister in New Jersey, where he sometimes plays golf with President Trump.

"He's a big supporter of mine," Herman said. "I need to play golf with him a little bit more."

Herman's third victory on the PGA Tour was a charm: It put him in the FedEx Cup Playoffs, and much more.

Source: PGA TOUR VIDEO: 61 and 63 on Weekend Earn Jim Herman the Trophy at the Wyndham Championship

🔥 Latest posts