• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

PGA TOUR VIDEO: Brooks Koepka Returns From 'Real Dark Places' to Win Waste Management...

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States

BROOKS KOEPKA RALLIED TO VICTORY at the Waste Management Phoenix Open. He did it in Brooks Koepka style, coming from five shots back and highlighted by a dramatic pitch-in eagle on the 17th hole.

Koepka fired rounds of 68, 66, 66 and 65 to finish at 19-under par at TPC Scottsdale. It was win No. 8 on the PGA Tour. Kyoung-Hoon Lee and Xander Schauffele tied for second at 18 under.

Koepka's winning performance snapped an unfortunate streak of three consecutive missed cuts.

"It's been a wild ride for the last year and a half," Koepka said, "and very frustrating. I've had moments where I didn't know if I was going to be the same, if I could even come back.

"I went through it mentally," he added. "I think that's probably the toughest thing, where you don't know if you're ever going to be the same competitor that you were. You go through some real dark places, and it's not a fun place to be."

A bunch of players had a chance on Sunday, including 53-year-old Steve Stricker, slump-ridden Jordan Spieth and up-and-comer Scottie Scheffler.

The field included two-time FedEx Cup champion Rory McIlroy and defending champion Webb Simpson. McIlroy teed it up in Phoenix for the first time in his career, while fellow FedEx Cup winner Justin Thomas was looking to improve on third place in Phoenix last year.

McIlroy and Thomas finished T13.

The AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am tees off on Thursday.

Source: PGA TOUR VIDEO: Brooks Koepka Returns From 'Real Dark Places' to Win Waste Management Phoenix Open

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.