• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

PGA TOUR VIDEO: Max 'Forgive Quickly' Homa Recovers to Claim Playoff Victory at Genesis...

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
SOCAL'S MAX HOMA WON THE GENESIS INVITAITONAL at iconic Riviera Country Club in a sudden-death playoff with Tony Finau. Homa's par on the second playoff hole, the 14th, finished off Finau, who was bunkered and couldn't get up and down.

It was the second PGA Tour title for Homa. It couldn't have been much more special for a young man who grew up 30 minutes away, had attended the tournament since he was a toddler, and idolized tournament host Tiger Woods, who handed over the hardware.

Homa struck an exquisite pitching wedge to about 3 feet at the home hole, but didn't convert the tournament-winning birdie because he was "shaking like a leaf."

"I was just a little nervous, honestly," Homa said. "This tournament means a lot to me."

Somehow he had to gather himself for the playoff. A phone call with his wife Lacey helped.

Homa said, "I think I choked a little bit."

Lacey reiterated the message she offered at the start of the round: "Forgive quickly."

That's a message Finau also needs to embrace after so many seconds and only one tour victory. But Finau rallied with a 64 on Sunday just to make it into the playoff. No shame in that.

The same can be said for Sam Burns, who led most of the way at Riviera but unraveled down the stretch. Forgive quickly. It's a pretty good motto for all who play this game.

The PGA Tour travels east for the WGC-Workday Championship in Bradenton, Florida, and the Puerto Rico Open.

Source: PGA TOUR VIDEO: Max 'Forgive Quickly' Homa Recovers to Claim Playoff Victory at Genesis Invitational

🔥 Latest posts