• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

PGA TOUR VIDEO: Michael Thompson 'Solidifies Presence' With 2-Shot Victory at the 3M Open

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States

MICHAEL THOMPSON CLAIMED HIS SECOND PGA TOUR victory on Sunday a
t the 3M Open in Blaine, Minnesota. Thompson shot rounds of 64-66-68-67 to finish at 19-under-par at TPC Twin Cities.

Adam Long fired 63 and 64 on the weekend to claim second at 17 under. Nine players finished in a tie for third at 16 under, including Tony Finau, Alex Noren, Max Homa, Masters champion Charl Schwartzel and Charles Howell III.

The winner sank a 15-foot birdie putt on the final green to clinch the title.

"You can only dream of making a putt on the last hole to win a tournament," Thompson said.

He added it was "nice to know that I had a one-shot cushion, so I only had to two-putt, but had such a good read, it was an uphill right-to-left, exactly what any right-handed golfer wants."

Thompson's win puts him in this week's WGC-FedEx St. Jude Invitational and three majors yet to be played in 2020: the PGA Championship, the U.S. Open and the Masters.

Thompson said, "This win validates the first win. It solidifies ... my presence on the PGA Tour and proves to my peers that I'm a threat every week. And that's what I want to be."

The 3M Open at TPC Twin Cities was only the second tournament to be played in its orignial spot on the calendar since the PGA Tour restarted.

Source: PGA TOUR VIDEO: Michael Thompson 'Solidifies Presence' With 2-Shot Victory at the 3M Open

🔥 Latest posts