• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

PGATOUR.COM: 'Jordan Spieth's Downturn Started With a Previously Undisclosed Injury'

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
Embed from Getty Images

THERE'S A NEW TWIST TO THE SLUMP.

As you may (OK, probably) know, Jordan Spieth, former world-beater and winner of multiple majors, hasn't won since the 2017 Open Championship at Royal Birkdale.

A Google search of the wunderkind reveals the most-frequent queries on the Internet, like: "What has happened to Jordan Spieth?"

Right? Who doesn't want to know why Spieth suddenly lost his way on the golf course?

"Spieth's slump," PGATOUR.COM'S Cameron Morfit wrote, "has been one of the most vexing storylines in golf over the last three years."

New reporting points to an injury in the weight room. From Morfit's piece:
According to the Golf Channel's Ryan Lavner, Spieth hurt himself most likely while lifting weights and chose not to have surgery. Asked about his injury at the World Golf Championships-Dell Technologies Match Play Championship on Monday, Spieth said that by compensating with his grip and swing in order to avoid pain, he turned his poor play into a full-on slump.

"I probably fought changes that would have helped me turn things in the right direction a little bit sooner," said Spieth, whose resurgence (FedExCup No. 47) has been a big story in 2021.​

Those changes are ongoing. Improvement has been slow.

In the story, he added:
"It was very much a reason," Spieth said of the injury and how it impacted his slump. "But I mean, everybody's got some reason for something that they get off. That was mine, and I certainly could have handled it differently and feel good that right now it's not an issue."​

Source: PGATOUR.COM: 'Jordan Spieth's Downturn Started With a Previously Undisclosed Injury'

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.