• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Phil Mickelson: 'I Probably Have to Come to the Realization That I'm Not Going to Win a...

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
Embed from Getty Images

PHIL MICKELSON HAS PLAYED IN 26 U.S. Opens. He has finished runner-up six times. That's a record.

On Wednesday at the Travelers Championship in Cromwell, Connecticut, the 49-year-old eternal optimist gave a nod to reality. Here's the quote from Golfworld:

"I really don't have many more chances," Mickelson said at the Travelers Championship, where he is playing for the first time in 16 years. "I probably have to come to the realization that I'm not going to win a U.S. Open."

Phil's 2019 victory at the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am fueled hope for his U.S. Open chances. But U.S. Open Pebble is not AT&T Pebble. Despite the ever-present hype, Phil and Tiger Woods were not factors at the U.S. Open.

Still, don't throw dirt on Lefty.

"When I do play well, I'm able to play at a comparable level to what I played like at the height of my career and I'm able to pick off wins,” Mickleson also said. "I'm just not having as many opportunities....

"But I'm not going to stop trying. You never know."

(H/T Geoff Shackelford)

Source: Phil Mickelson: 'I Probably Have to Come to the Realization That I'm Not Going to Win a U.S. Open'

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Phil is seeing some strange lumps on his abdomen that he hasn’t seen before.
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1566434427.151195.jpg

🔥 Latest posts