• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Phil Mickelson Nearly Wins His Age

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
a2.bp.blogspot.com__XDo_kE8BbSs_URBa6eF2ZXI_AAAAAAAAFqI_IcqaCP87a8637eda89b27410c4b71569e73c70.jpg
A guy and Phil Mickelson. (Little Zey)​
PHIL MICKELSON RAN AWAY WITH the Waste Management Phoenix Open. Lefty's wire-to-wire victory began with a 60 and he never let off the gas, finishing at 28 under par, four shots clear of runner-up Brandt Snedeker.

I'm not a numbers geek, but I can't help but notice the symmetry between Phil's career wins and age. The latest one gives the 42-year-old San Diego native a total of 41 titles on the PGA Tour. In golf, people talk about shooting your age, an accomplishment that comes late in life if at all. Mickelson, though, has nearly won his age. He only needs one more and sounds confident about his chances.

"I think that sets up the tone for the rest of the year," Lefty said, "because I really started to play well. But for me, the rest of the year took a turn on Tuesday when I got my new driver. It just changed my whole deal.

"The fact that this club is so easy to hit now, I think it's going to change the rest of the year for me. I really do. My iron play has always been the strength of my game, and it was certainly good this week, but to drive it as easily as I did in play and to have the misses be so much less is going to set up for a very good year, I believe."

Except for the years 1992, 1999 and 2003, Phil has won at least one PGA Tour event each year since 1991.

Source: Phil Mickelson Nearly Wins His Age

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.