• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Phil Mickelson to play in the St. Jude Classic

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I heard on TGC earlier that Phil has committed to play in the St. Jude Classic as a warm up for the US Open. Apparently they received some encouraging news from Amy's doctors and the surgery or treatments won't start as soon as they initially thought.

Hmmmmm, Lefty and Big John both playing in the St. Jude Classic? I may have to make that 3 1/2 hour drive to Memphis and stay at my cousins house, ;)

xman1112

May 8, 2009
I think that Pink Saturday this past weekend was also great and probably very emotional and supportive for Amy and the entire Mickelson family. Phil wouldn't be playing if he didn't get her 'blessing' and he can leave at a moments notice if he needs to.

I can absolutely picture Amy saying 'you need to be out there'. And that's why she is who she is, and why everyone knows her and have offered all their well wishes and support from the beginning.

Good for them!!

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I cant wait to see what Big John wears....

Hopefully this is good news for Amy, maybe they caught it early enough it wont be an issue(comparitivly anyway)

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Both Phil and Amy have a blog on his website, Phil Mickelson. From the sounds of what they posted you may be right Clark, :thumbs up:

There is also a video of Phil playing golf as a kid that was pretty neat and explains why he plays left handed even though he is right handed.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online