• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Phil the Thrill

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I just don't see Phil being much of a factor at the Open. It just doesn't suit his game. Id hope to be wrong...
The 2nd video above said a lot to me. The fact that he chose a bump & run (Scottish golf) rather than a flop means he's learning/learned links golf.

Similar sentiments. I hope he does well.

The Sweed

Jul 6, 2013
Wow. Haven't seen the footage yet but Phil would be ecstatic on a couple of levels. He's blown winning leads in the Scottish Open before and from memory he's never won in the UK.

afbcdn_sphotos_d_a.akamaihd.net_hphotos_ak_ash3_s403x403_1017675_625537790803174_1271137271_n.jpg

He won the Scottish open like a week ago.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Kudos to Phil and another monkey is removed from his back.

The guy keeps on surprising. As he's slid down the world rankings in the last couple of years, I've written him off. Thankfully he keeps proving me wrong.

afbcdn_sphotos_e_a.akamaihd.net_hphotos_ak_ash4_1069295_10151459191071330_201189924_n.jpg

afbcdn_sphotos_b_a.akamaihd.net_hphotos_ak_ash4_1073308_629102453780041_2072173867_o.jpg

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
United States United States
LOL he just needed a course where he could bust out a 13 degree 3w 300 yards. Im tryin to get my 11 degree driver to do that same thing,

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
One of Phil's greatest accomplishments was getting rid of the moobs.

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
Yeah lotsa desk time running a small empire and being a pga pro and taking care of his wife during the cancer. He is an admirable dude.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
You know what? That will go down as one of the best final rounds of golf in a Major ever. The course was playing like about a 74. Only one other 66 all week, which was shot on the morning of the first day. That round was played with the course at its driest, in a stronger wind and under considerably more pressure. Hats off to Phil. To go back to back in Scotland is awesome. To putt as well as he did on fescue greens over a two week stretch. To hit the pressure shots he hit at all the right times, just magnificent.

Not having to hit the driver played into his hands. But that doesn't take away from the fact that he was one of the only players to get anywhere near the 17th in two. They were two mighty three woods.

And after the disappointment of Merion? Outstanding bounce back. Looks like being in your 40s is a distinct advantage to winning majors these days, especially the Open. Last three winners? Michelson (43), Els (42) and Clarke (43).

Hope for me yet!!

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
You know what? That will go down as one of the best final rounds of golf in a Major ever. The course was playing like about a 74. Only one other 66 all week, which was shot on the morning of the first day. That round was played with the course at its driest, in a stronger wind and under considerably more pressure. Hats off to Phil. To go back to back in Scotland is awesome. To putt as well as he did on fescue greens over a two week stretch. To hit the pressure shots he hit at all the right times, just magnificent.

Not having to hit the driver played into his hands. But that doesn't take away from the fact that he was one of the only players to get anywhere near the 17th in two. They were two mighty three woods.

And after the disappointment of Merion? Outstanding bounce back. Looks like being in your 40s is a distinct advantage to winning majors these days, especially the Open. Last three winners? Michelson (43), Els (42) and Clarke (43).

Hope for me yet!!

The R & A and USGA should immediately look to change the rules to prevent the unfair advantage held by over forties golfers. It's import ant to protect the integrity & spirit of the game. ;)

🔥 Latest posts