• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Phil the Thrill

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
Phil is still trying to keep up with the kids...

Shot 9 in the hole
Shot 8 from green
Shot 7 from green
Shot 6 from fairway
Shot 5 from tee box
Shot 4 Penalty
Shot 3 from tee box
Shot 2 Penalty
Shot 1 from tee box

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country

Shot 9 in the hole
Shot 8 from green
Shot 7 from green
Shot 6 from fairway
Shot 5 from tee box
Shot 4 Penalty
Shot 3 from tee box
Shot 2 Penalty
Shot 1 from tee box
With the money he has amassed over the years, he can enjoy playing with the "kids", no matter what he shoots! Always fun to watch since you never know what shot he will see in his mind and attempt... no matter the risk factor.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Phil is just exciting to watch, period. He thinks he can compete in these events so he does, I kinda think its just as simple as that. He just loves playing and will likely do so until he can’t anymore. Much like we all hope to!

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country

Shot 9 in the hole
Shot 8 from green
Shot 7 from green
Shot 6 from fairway
Shot 5 from tee box
Shot 4 Penalty
Shot 3 from tee box
Shot 2 Penalty
Shot 1 from tee box
He won a major last year so I am guessing he is not quite done playing with the kids just yet. he may not be as consistent week to week like he once was, but he can still play with the best of them when he is in the zone.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I’m super confused when it comes to this Saudi super golf league or whatever. Phil made some comments this week about the PGA tour being greedy?!?! Ruffled some feathers for sure!
And things just got worse from there. I've been a Phan since his college days and this shit is not sitting well with me.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
And things just got worse from there. I've been a Phan since his college days and this shit is not sitting well with me.
Lost any respect for those even considering moving to the SGT. McIlroy, DJ, and a couple others have said they won't go. Shambeau will probably go, but I haven't been that impressed with him anyway.

I better stop there, otherwise, I'll be hit hard with the ban hammer.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
This break away tour has been tried before (Greg Norman) and it did not work. It’s usually guys that are on the backside of their career looking for a bigger guaranteed pay day.

Most of the current big names that are at the peak or nearing the peak of their career know which side their bread is buttered on.…sponsorship money and Major wins. Not that tour money is low, it just that they can make more off the course.

Without the big name touring pro’s , a secondary tour will be challenged to remain relevant.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
FMOsMJwXMAkKPhG

FMOsMJzXEAA3WsB

So then Brandel Chamblee chimes in with with this tweet:

Just read Phil’s statement, it’s 6 paragraphs, the 1st paragraph sets the stage for him being a victim, the 2nd paragraph is him pretending to be an activist, the 3rd/4th paragraphs are about spin and damage control/money and the 5th and 6th are him saying he’s a good guy.

While he's pretty accurate, he's also pretty dismissive. I wonder what Chamblee tweeted about Tiger's pathetic apology production. Spoiler: nothing.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Phil....shakes head :(
One of my favs from a golfing perspective, but elsewhere, maybe not.

🔥 Latest posts