• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Physical therapy works!

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
I went to hit some balls this morning and for the first time in a long time I'm not in pain. I dont mean it was just ok or it only hurt a little, I'm talkin zero pain or stiffness. I hit 2 large buckets and practiced my chipping and putting for about an hour and quit only because I didn't want to push it.

I guess this means doing these back excercises & stretches forever but that seems like a small price.

Interesting note. My normal miss has been a pull/pull hook for a long time. Today without back pain my miss was push. It still had a draw to it but it was a definite push. I'll be playing on Wed. so we'll see how it goes.

I'm gonna send that doctor a Christmans card this year. :)

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
Keep it up. I had to have 2 fusions and after 6 months of therapy I was playing again.
That was 10 years ago and as long as I do things right I have no problems, when I get lazy I really feel it.

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Rockford35 said:
Now you just need the mental therapy to kick in....

:D

R35

If I did that I'd stop coming here. :p

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
obagain said:
Keep it up. I had to have 2 fusions and after 6 months of therapy I was playing again.
That was 10 years ago and as long as I do things right I have no problems, when I get lazy I really feel it.

Since you've had your own problems maybe you can help me out. As I mentioned above my misses are pushes now. Do you think it could be my lower body getting ahead of my hands since my back is more flexible now?

Big Brother Dunk

Aug 29, 2005
I assume you're recovering from an injury. If so, you did the right thing by quitting before you reinjured yourself.

Good luck on Wednesday.
awww.websmileys.com_sm_fingers_fing32.gif

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
I would guess that you are not turning back properly and your hips don't finish the forward turn. The only place for the club to go then is straight right. Do you shank at all? That is a sign your hip don't finish and the club path is now slightly right or a massive hook.

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
obagain said:
I would guess that you are not turning back properly and your hips don't finish the forward turn. The only place for the club to go then is straight right. Do you shank at all? That is a sign your hip don't finish and the club path is now slightly right or a massive hook.

Didn't hit one rocket but you could still be right. It's possible I'm being tenative about making a full turn. The idea of returning to therapy is not a happy thought.

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
A lot of times you will hit the longest shot when blocking it. When you finish, look at where your belt buckle is pointing. If you block it and the buckle is pointing where the ball went you are either aligned wrong or not finishing the turn.
After the back problems I would bet on the turn not finishing.

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
obagain said:
A lot of times you will hit the longest shot when blocking it. When you finish, look at where your belt buckle is pointing. If you block it and the buckle is pointing where the ball went you are either aligned wrong or not finishing the turn.

I'm suppose to play later today if all goes well so I'll pay attention to my finish.
Thanks.

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
obagain said:

I did get to play yesterday and for the first time back in 8 weeks things went well. I only blocked a couple of shots and those were both with driver. Both times were as you suspected, not finishing the turn.

Other than that it was a good day finishing 3 under my index for a +13. Shot of the day was 8 iron from 135 that landed about 15" from the hole. Tweet, tweet.

My back was a little stiff this morning but improved after going though my stretches and excercises. This is going to be key I think.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.