• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Pick a Bracket Buster Continued

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Darn Eracer, you closed the thread when it just started to get good and the talkin' was getting ready to start :D

So you having second thoughts on Florida and Kansas in the Final 4? Granted they wouldn't be the Final, but Villanova would meet KU in the second round should they both make it that far. I really think Nova will beat UK and mark the end of Tubby Smith at Kentucky. Had they not been in line for KU I would have picked them to go much further. Should make for an interesting game up here as we have a lot of friends who are Nova alumni and fans. Hopefully it doesn't mark the beginning of a long stretch of being knocked out by PA teams, after the Bucknell thing and all. (***Knocking on Wood***) Well, at least we should see the full game.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Darn Eracer, you closed the thread when it just started to get good and the talkin' was getting ready to start :D

So you having second thoughts on Florida and Kansas in the Final 4? Granted they wouldn't be the Final, but Villanova would meet KU in the second round should they both make it that far. I really think Nova will beat UK and mark the end of Tubby Smith at Kentucky. Had they not been in line for KU I would have picked them to go much further. Should make for an interesting game up here as we have a lot of friends who are Nova alumni and fans. Hopefully it doesn't mark the beginning of a long stretch of being knocked out by PA teams, after the Bucknell thing and all. (***Knocking on Wood***) Well, at least we should see the full game.

I have Florida in one of my two online brackets, and I'm the only one who has the Jayhawks in another. Both brackets are firmly entrenched at the bottom of the list, however (thanks to my bizarre need to pick a bunch of upsets).

Go Kansas!

BTW - we'll use this thread to keep up the trash talk.

Scores so far:

Jayhawk - out (thanks for playing!)
Old Dominion - out
Gonzaga - out
Oral Roberts - out
Albany - out

WBL - 9 points (still alive)
Georgia Tech - out
Gonzaga - out
Michigan State - 9
Creighton -out

Sandwedge - out (thanks for playing!)
Old Dominion - out
Villanova - out
Texas Tech - out
Creighton - out

Ssmokin' - 29 points (OUCH - leading the pack into the second round)
Michigan State - 9
Xavier - 9
Winthrop - 11
Illinois out

DaveE - 9 points (locked in a duel with WBL)
Purdue - 9
Holy Cross - out
Texas Tech - out
Penn - out

Goatster - out (na na na na, hey hey, good-bye)
Georgia Tech - out
Villanova - out
Texas Tech - out
Creighton - - out

Eracer - 9 points (still playing for pride)
Georgia Tech - out
Villanova - out
Michigan State - 9
Stanford - out

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
looks like smokin has a good handle on it.

man im suprised there wasnt more upsets.

OP
P

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
I have Florida in one of my two online brackets, and I'm the only one who has the Jayhawks in another. Both brackets are firmly entrenched at the bottom of the list, however (thanks to my bizarre need to pick a bunch of upsets).

Go Kansas!

BTW - we'll use this thread to keep up the trash talk.

Scores so far:

Jayhawk - out (thanks for playing!)
Old Dominion - out
Gonzaga - out
Oral Roberts - out
Albany - out
That didn't last long
:laugh:
I'm in firm grasp of last place in my pool as well for the same reason of picking upsets, which I am usually fairly good at but not this year. This is in a pool of 39 people. :) Sad part is most of my upset picks where winning big at one point in the second half prior to falling apart.

Funny part is I usually hate staggered point polls based on round, because I am usually in first place up to around the Final 4-8 and then since I bet with my heart with KU, end up losing. This year it is a staggered point poll and the fact that only 4 people picked KU, I will win if I get my Final 4 and KU Wins regardless of earlier picks. I have KU meeting NC in the Finals, and Wisconsin and Texas A&M as my other 2. Almost thought it was over early as both Texas A&M and Wisconsin had to overcome huge deficits in the first round to win.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Ssmokin is the winner. PM me your address and I'll send you the prize.

Congrats.

🔥 Latest posts