• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Picked up a few things

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Out putting in applications today and stopped into Golfsmith while I was near it. They had a near mint set of Ping G5's for $99... I mean really near mint! My driver competition has been settled (the Cally won) as has the putter competition (the Cleveland won) so I traded in those two and picked up the G5's (4-U) for $35 out of pocket. I still have the Wilsons for a second bag or whatever. Speaking of Wilsons... the wedges I picked up a while back have not been working out so I traded those in too and got a new SW for zero out of pocket. A Cobra Big Trusty Rusty 55*. The guy actually gave me more than he should've for the putter and wedges (way more). So all in all I got near mint iron set and a brand new wedge for $35 out of pocket and trading in clubs that I have been so over and didn't pay much for in the first place . Some may think that the wedge deal is crazy, but I got a gap wedge with the irons (51*). For now I need to not play a 60* anyways and learn how to play a SW better. I can always pick up a matching 60* (yes I like matching sometimes) in the future on the bay for cheap anyways... when i'm working again.

OP
nututhugame

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
The irons have reg shafts in them though. Once i've been working for a while again i'm thinking about sending them to Ping to get them reshafted in stiff and have some midsize grips put on. That'll be a while though. No matter the shaft I could'nt pass it up. Such good condition and so cheap!

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
I bought a new putter grip today...a red midsized leather Gripmaster for my Fastback. I've never used one before, I hope I like it.

Jim, did I buy it from you? The seller's is name is bigfootgolf. :D

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
The irons have reg shafts in them though. Once i've been working for a while again i'm thinking about sending them to Ping to get them reshafted in stiff and have some midsize grips put on. That'll be a while though. No matter the shaft I could'nt pass it up. Such good condition and so cheap!
Hit the regulars first, Ping stock shafts tend to be stiffer than u think.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I picked up a Coke on the way home from work. I was thinking about a Dr. Pepper, but went with the Coke in the end.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I picked up a Coke on the way home from work. I was thinking about a Dr. Pepper, but went with the Coke in the end.

If you send it to Coke, they'll change it to Dr. Pepper for you. Just don't have a local, shadetree soda buildier do it. Your Dr. Pepper won't have the 10, 2, and 4 on the bottle. :D

OP
nututhugame

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Well, the first go 'round w/ the G5's was not as good as I had hoped. On the course anyways. On the range I hit them great. Not giving myself great lies either. On the course though my mind turned to mush and I didn't hit em great. The offset is taking some getting used to. I still am having this problem (with any irons) that when I try to hit down, the way I used to when I was striking irons really well, I hit hosel rockets. I just don't get it. That used to be my bread and butter and it's killing me now. To the tune of about 5 strokes per 9! The wedge worked well today though. I kinda like only having the one wedge to choose from.

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
Well, the first go 'round w/ the G5's was not as good as I had hoped. On the course anyways. On the range I hit them great. Not giving myself great lies either. On the course though my mind turned to mush and I didn't hit em great. The offset is taking some getting used to. I still am having this problem (with any irons) that when I try to hit down, the way I used to when I was striking irons really well, I hit hosel rockets. I just don't get it. That used to be my bread and butter and it's killing me now. To the tune of about 5 strokes per 9! The wedge worked well today though. I kinda like only having the one wedge to choose from.
You hitting behind the ball? Digging holes?

OP
nututhugame

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
You hitting behind the ball? Digging holes?
No not usually. When i'm trying to hold a little lag and hit down what i'm actually doing is swinging out. To better understand that, what I mean is that if at address your hands are hanging... at impact they'd be reaching. You dig? I even know it and still keep doing it. My shots are sooooo much better when I play the ball a little back in my stance and hit down. I need to get back to achieving that without the "reaching" that for some reason my mind is substituting for holding lag.

Members online

No members online now.