• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Picked up a few things

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
o_O I couldn't do that. Sure I get the occasional short swing, but 90% of the time I'm full-on. Wonder if that's why my back always hurts...
Do you throw darts as hard as you can at a dartboard too? ;)

Sometimes the 3/4 swings get me in trouble though. If I'm nervous during a tourney and the adrenaline is pumping, I can easily air-mail a green. I just have to remember to keep my tempo in check. Kind of like shooting free throws.

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
Ok too many of you have said the same thing so im gonna seperate a couple of things here cause it helped me and might help you.

1. The 3/4 position IS the end of the backswing. No more arms going back from there or you gotta be pro or screw up your shot.

2. The final turn back with the body is a separate part that is best not done with the arms as it becomes an overswing from which you cant return to square.
Some guys teach the one piece takeaway but you can go 3/4 and then turn a bit also.

This is why I think clubs need to be tuned for 3/4 swings at minimum not that magnum action so many long inaccurate players have. You only get about 25% distance more from the turn.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
1. The 3/4 position IS the end of the backswing.

John Daly says "Hi!".

agolfstrengthproject.com_wp_content_uploads_2013_07_john_daly_backswing.jpg

OP
nututhugame

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
I just don't know man. I don't really hit these GI irons any better than my blade'ish irons. I think I hit the Wilsons with no offset better. I'm keeping the G5's for a thing of beauty and i'll continue to hit both, but a good strike is a good strike with any club. As is a shanko_O

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
I just don't know man. I don't really hit these GI irons any better than my blade'ish irons. I think I hit the Wilsons with no offset better. I'm keeping the G5's for a thing of beauty and i'll continue to hit both, but a good strike is a good strike with any club. As is a shanko_O
Your post reeks of optimism. Lol you just know you are gonna find those righteous clubs.

OP
nututhugame

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Your post reeks of optimism. Lol you just know you are gonna find those righteous clubs.
My truly righteous clubs are the Wilson Pi7's. I bought the Pings because they are in great condition for a song. My post smells of realism.

OP
nututhugame

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
I'd consider the g-5's on even trade for my Wilsons.....
I'd consider that as well. These Pings are in great shape. I assume you'd want to hit them first or at least see them??? Thought you didn't like G series irons. Should that go down... how do you propose getting it done? I'm not really down for paying shipping when we live so close..

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Before the end of this month (when I will be up in Waupaca) we could meet somewhere halfway at some cheap course and play nine holes or so and exchange them if all works well. I really don't think it matters what irons I have in my bag or that I would hit one better then another. It would only take nine holes to find out. Sent you a pm.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.