• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Picked up a Yonex VMX Driver...

Deej

Jul 20, 2006
Not posted for a looooong time, just re discovered the forum so yeah...

Took my Taylormade R7 460 reg out of the bag a few months back as it was costing me way more shots than it was saving me, i hit a very high fade/slice with it.

Starting carrying two 3 woods in the bag as i hit them a fair distance, Ping G5 regular (off the tee) and a TM R5 Dual (nice lie on the fairway and rough) and scores come down nicely.

I felt it was time to pick up a new driver so went the range and tested the new Cally's FT9, FTI, Diablo and then the assistant recommended this Yonex VMX saying it was flying out of the door.

I was hitting drives so striaght and far on the range and the Cally's just didnt suit me, felt inconsistant and weak and the look at address with that stupidly closed clubface is horrible! So i got the Yonex for half the price of the Callaways, 10.5 with a regular shaft.

On the course its exactly the same, smashing drives with so much confidence i love it and the 70s are calling, really think you should give this club a try at the range...

acarty

Future Pro!
Oct 13, 2007
Deej, funny you should say that. I caddied at a ladies tourney recently, and the other girl's caddy was a Yonex sales rep. He plays off 5 and plays at Pleasington, which is an Open qualifier.

He said he was a Titleist man for like 25 years, and moved to Yonex from BMW. Since moving there, he picked up a driver and he reckons he'd never go back. He's now playing the irons and the fairways too!!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Years ago I was battling the TM Burners and all the other drivers. I got a brand new 250cc Yonex ADX 200 (biggest head at that time) and started crushing my drives straight down the middle. I still have it. It was one of the hottest drivers at the time.

I haven't looked at Yonex in a long time. Maybe I'll have to try this out some day or pick up a used one next summer. You've brought back fond memories. And that Japanese teen wonder plays Yonex too.

Post some pics of it... :)

I can't find anyone that handles Yonex anymore either. I think they are concentrating their marketing in Japan.

Members online

No members online now.