• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

picked up an FT-9 today

DH4816

Jun 20, 2008
Went for a driver fitting. Wound up with an FT-9 with a stiff shaft. I was much more consistent with it, less dispersion than any other driver. The FT-iq was a close second and the Nicklaus and Cobra S 9 were third.

One thing I really like is the grip is a bit thicker lower down and fits my hand better, that and a little more weight in the head.

The R9 and Burner did almost nothing for me.

I'll hit the course with it tomorrow.

DH

TheWOAT

Sep 26, 2006
I noticed around different forums that the R9 is getting mixed reviews... FT9 looks sweet though, once its on clearance for $150 in 18 months I might try one out :D

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
I hate you! :)

Want an FT-9 Tour badly!

Side note I demo'd an R9.. was not impressed at all.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
You like the thicker grip and "heavier" head?

Either of these "feels" can be accomplished for a grand total of about 15$ to whatever driver you like. That being said, the FT-9 looks sweet.

As for the R9...

My buddy just got one and I played with him today. He was hitting very nice cuts with it consistently, lots of fairways.

And about 25 yards shorter than I've ever seen him hit a driver. Every time.

OP
D

DH4816

Jun 20, 2008
Hit the course with it today. AWESOME!! It is fairly long althogh I'm not a big hitter so I don't get the most out of any driver.

However it is STRAIGT! I hit 11 of 14 fairways which is huge for me using a driver. 2 of those were on the back nine and I was getting tired and sloppy with my swing. Winter got me out of shape. Had I been in a cart I think it would have been different.

I'm very happy with the purchase. I wish I could explain how much I've struggled with driver in the past. To give an example the nint at my club has a road on the right side. I've never hit driver there for fear of killing someone, today I smashed it down the left side.

The other good news is the Hyper X 3 wood I got for a dollar due to their promotion is great too. I smashed it off the deck on a par 5. Can't wait for the 5 wood. The store was out and had to order me one. The promotion is buy and FT-9 and get one squareway or two hyper X for a dollar.

DH

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
That's great man. Good deal too, 2fairway woods. Even at my rock bottom hoing prices I spent around $350 on my driver, 3 and 5W all used. IMO the FT-9 is the best looking of all the drivers I've seen from them.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.