• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ping -.25" shaft lenghth , How long is that?

Justice76

Jun 11, 2005
I know this is a question for ping but they are not open I am hoping one of you guys ran into this problem.

Did the fitting and it informed me my shaft length should be -.25" So how long are these? I have a set of hand me downs and want to know if they are the proper length?
Thanks as always for everybodys great help..

Playdead

Jun 30, 2005
Every club would have to be cut down .25 inches, great reason to put new grips on as well, being hand me downs they probably need new grips anyways.

Taken from the Ping web site a standard set of G2, S59 and I3+ irons all carry the same length shaft. I would strongly suspect a older set of Eye2's, Zing's or I3's would match those lenghts as well. The chart below is of the I3+ Irons but it'll tell you what you need I hope.

shim.gif
[font=verdana,][/font][font=verdana,]2[/font] [font=verdana,][/font] [font=verdana,]39.25"[/font] [font=verdana,][/font] [font=verdana,]
[/font] [font=verdana,][/font] [font=verdana,]38.75"[/font] [font=verdana,][/font][font=verdana,]
[/font]
[font=verdana,]4[/font] [font=verdana,][/font] [font=verdana,]38.25"[/font] [font=verdana,][/font] [font=verdana,]
[/font] [font=verdana,][/font] [font=verdana,]37.75"[/font] [font=verdana,][/font] [font=verdana,]
[/font] [font=verdana,][/font] [font=verdana,]37.25"[/font] [font=verdana,][/font] [font=verdana,]
[/font] [font=verdana,][/font] [font=verdana,]36.75"[/font]
[font=verdana,]8[/font] [font=verdana,]36.25"[/font] [font=verdana,][/font] [font=verdana,]
[/font] [font=verdana,]35.75"[/font]
[font=verdana,]PW[/font] [font=verdana,][/font] [font=verdana,]35.50"[/font] [font=verdana,]
UW
[/font] [font=verdana,][/font] [font=verdana,]35.25"[/font]
[font=verdana,]SW[/font] [font=verdana,][/font] [font=verdana,]35.25"[/font][font=verdana,]
[/font][font=verdana,]LW[/font] [font=verdana,]35.00"[/font] [font=verdana,]
[/font]

OP
J

Justice76

Jun 11, 2005
I see.. these are orange dots o size. I am not sure how to read or better understand the info you provided. What I dont want to do is cut them down .25 if they have already been cut down. From the info you provided whan number is the length?

Thanks Im a newbie

Playdead

Jun 30, 2005
Hehe I'm still a newb too I guess.

That info above was just how long your clubs should be if they haven't been messed with. My Ping 9 iron for instance is 35.75" long from the tip of the grip to about where the flat bottom of the club face is. Is that the exact way to measure a club? I don't really know but it seems close to me. Hopefully someone will come along and save me from this thread, lol

I assume you're gonna take these clubs somewhere and have them cut down and regripped. The golf shop will know what to do and get you to your proper length. Let them worry about it.

🔥 Latest posts