• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ping CS-LITE SHAFT

bunkerbound

Can't Putt
Apr 6, 2008
Does anyone know how this compare to the true temper dynamica gold shafts? do they play softer to flex? I had a set of clubs with dynaLITE gold shafts, not dynamic gold shafts and they felt much more accurate then my g2's...

any opinions?

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
The PING CS-lite shaft is made by true temper and is just a rebadged TT production run shaft. It is different shaft depending on the club head its in and even in the same club head with a different flex.

For example, the Ping G2 irons

R flex G2's use Dynalite gold SL's
S flex G2's use TT lite XL's

So the shafts you are comparing are all pretty much the same. A lot will dpend on the tip trim PING uses, the head weights, and the finished playing lengths.

OP
bunkerbound

bunkerbound

Can't Putt
Apr 6, 2008
im wondering if maybe i need to go siffer to get more accuracy. the clubs i was playing before were mizuno mx-23 with r flex dynalite gold shafts, the new irons are the g2's with the cs-lites r flex. but my driver swigswpped has come along way since then- im avg. about 98 MPH right now and wondering if the stiffs would tighten things up a bit.....

OP
bunkerbound

bunkerbound

Can't Putt
Apr 6, 2008
also, my original question - does the dynamic gold play stiff than the dynalite gold?

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I don't know about stiffer but the Dynalites weigh less and provide a higher ball flight.

As for the CS-Lites, I just pulled them out of my i5 as I was having a problem with the ball ballooning on me.

Lyle - Where did you get your info? I ask because the step pattern on CS Lites is completely different than Dynalite Golds and XL Lites. In fact, the XL Lite pattern is very very similar to ZZ65 shaft.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I don't know about stiffer but the Dynalites weigh less and provide a higher ball flight.

As for the CS-Lites, I just pulled them out of my i5 as I was having a problem with the ball ballooning on me.

Lyle - Where did you get your info? I ask because the step pattern on CS Lites is completely different than Dynalite Golds and XL Lites. In fact, the XL Lite pattern is very very similar to ZZ65 shaft.

I know they look different but they profile exactly the same (the R flex anyways), and I mean exactly.

EDIT : I should clarify I got the original info from a shaft replacement guide and then called a guy I know at golfworks. He said they were the same shafts. I then dug around to see if I had any of these kicking around and I had an R flex from aG2 six iron I bought for my wife to complete her set. I then checked it against a dynalite gold R flex and they were identical. Hope this helps.

🔥 Latest posts