• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ping demo day

bryguy

May 15, 2008
So, we had a Ping demo day at our club today. Got to hit the S57's, nice irons, pretty easy to hit and lenght seemed pretty good on the 7 iron I was hitting. I could game them. Then hit the new Rapture V2's. Fairways are pretty good, hybrids are a little to tinny sounding for me, but they are easy to hit and decently long. The highlight for me was the driver. Started out with a 9*, and hit it well. Rep goes over to the bag and throws a driver together for me to hit. First one goes to the end of the range(240 to the back, also our range balls are reduced flight balls) and proceed to hit about 7 or 8 in the same place. So, I look at what combo he put together. 12* head with a Diamana blueboard stiff flex. Tried several other combos, but that 12* with the BB was just so easy to hit. Easy swings just launched the ball like a rocket. I hit a few shag bag balls with it, and they were way LONG. Odd combo for me, but it works. I generally go with a lower loft and a more "boardy" shaft. Not what I would have ever thought in amillion years would work for me, but from what I saw on the range today, it works. Rep said that this combo is one of Ping's highest launch, lowest spin combos. I hit other combos, and the 10.5 was solid, but I felt like I had to 'work' to launch the ball with it. So, I told our pro to order me one of the 12* Rapture V2's with the BB. Just goes to show you to go into a fitting with an open mind. We'll see how this combo works out, should have it by the end of next week. Oh well, so much for no new equipment for me.:ugly25:

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Did you try the V2 compared to the G10? Just curious as to how they compare. My G10 is better then my original Rapture was but not by much. :)

And I'd love a set of those S57's!! :)

OP
B

bryguy

May 15, 2008
WBL. The G10 to ME, is one of the WORST drivers I have ever hit. I just hate the thing. So, to ME, the V2 rapture is head and shoulders above the G10. I also like the Ping wedges. The G10 and I10 irons on the other hand, are some of the ugliest irons I have ever seen. I like some of the ping stuff, and could put a whole bag together with it. Just not right now. A driver will have to do. May look at adding one of the V2 rapture 5 woods and bouncing the 7 wd out.

Victory

Nov 18, 2007
PING in the bag of the masters winner! i think the G10 is the easiest damn thing to hit. rapture allows for more of a players flight. less spin.. the 57's in x100's are a beast of an iron. hybrids G10 again easy to hit. rapture fwy's now i like better than the G10. all looks here. at setup. good stuff***:usflag:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.