• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

PING demo day

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Ping reps were at the range today, and I decided to check them out. I have never really been impressed by anything ping other than eye2 and anser putters but I know they have a few here that really like them so I thought I'd take a peek.

I started with the drivers, the guy gave me a 9* G10 with a V2 HighLaunch shaft. This shaft was awful for me. I like something lively, but this thing was really crazy. I hit lots of snaphooks, and then he passes me one with a Blueboard, now we're talking :)

I got along much better with this one, but wasn't wowed, and definitely not a 905R replacement.

He then gives me a 9* rapture 2 with the blueboard which I really liked. I liked the look, the ball flight and overall feel for this combo. The sound was a little tinny, but not too bad. This set-up reminded me a lot of my 905R. I would have loved to see them both on a monitor to compare numbers.

I tried the G10 3W next with stock S shaft (I'm always shopping 3W) and hit some REALLY nice shots off the deck, and a few really bad ones too. Definitely something to consider should I decide to upgrade.

As usual I passed on the irons and wedges. I have no desire to switch those right now, except maybe move to a MP-67 in the 8-9-W at some point.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.