• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ping eye 2's

RoyM

Mar 5, 2009
Hello, My name is Roy ive been playing golf for about 3 years total now. I play with Launcher Irons and decided I wanted to try out ping eye 2's So i bought a set for 170. My Question is this, The clubs have been regripped and when i hit balls with these irons good shot or bad my hands hurt on each hit could this be due to the Grips, Or maybe the old ZZ lite shafts that installed in the clubs? I'am 26 years old so its not Cause I have old hands.

Thanks for any help.

Victory

Nov 18, 2007
new grips yo should be fine. now the pings are problably stiff flex and thus why they may hurt your hands.. did you get larger grips?
you have me stumped here...:shark:

OP
RoyM

RoyM

Mar 5, 2009
Well i stopped playing with the launchers and Wanted to stay with the ping eye 2 for better ball striking But They hurt so bad... They are stiff and black dot. The grips had been regripped before i bought them being how they arent the orignal Grips. The grips are Yamaha Tour wraps

OP
RoyM

RoyM

Mar 5, 2009
? Not following your on that one Eracer:confused:

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
First in on the obvious answer...

THEY'RE PINGS !!!

Please excuse Eracer, Roy. He's one of the many uneducated, uncooth members here who thrive on degrading Pings.

We tolerate them due to their lack of intelligence. ;) :prop:

You need to go see a pro and let him look at your swing. Could be you're choking the club, could be something to do with the club (although I can't imagine what). Go see a pro.

Oh, and welcome to Shot Talk!!!

floggerrushmd

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2008
There are two types of people in this forum those that swear by pings saying they are the best things ever, and those like eracer and I who know better.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
You may want to try some new grips. If you having problems with your hands, try the Lamkin Sting Free on your irons. They are more expensive, but have a layer of kevlar built into them to reduce the vibrations getting transferred to your hands.

Victory

Nov 18, 2007
ok- good on the more info-- it is just old school stiks brother.. no cavity back cushion etc.. all it is.. i have aste in the garage.. when i pull out the 7i to hit every once and while- i say - damn how did i play with these things.... all it is--

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
There are two types of people in this forum those that swear by pings saying they are the best things ever, and those like eracer and I who know better.

floggerrushmd

There lies the flaw in this statement... :D

OP
RoyM

RoyM

Mar 5, 2009
Needing Stiff irons means stiff driver shaft? Okay well You all know i bought the ping eye 2's Well i figured Hey I'll go get a ping driver too g2 460 10* loft well it came with a prolaunch 65s shaft... I Hit very low draws with it.... Now my other stiff shafted Callaway ft3 stock shaft i hit a ton and pretty straight with a wee bit of draw. Any ideas on this also? I guess i should have just kept my Orignal clubs and played my 100's score lol. :bang:

OP
RoyM

RoyM

Mar 5, 2009
Just alittle update on my ping eye 2's I have decided to sell them, After comparing on the range with my Launcher irons vs ping eye 2's my distance I lose is just stupid and the offset of the ping eye's with my draw dont help much.. I put really good swings on both clubs and my launcher 7 iron is almost 20 yards further if not more.. Oh and the ping driver is also starting to come around so that one I shall keep. Thanks for the advice, RoyM.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Just alittle update on my ping eye 2's I have decided to sell them, After comparing on the range with my Launcher irons vs ping eye 2's my distance I lose is just stupid and the offset of the ping eye's with my draw dont help much.. I put really good swings on both clubs and my launcher 7 iron is almost 20 yards further if not more.. Oh and the ping driver is also starting to come around so that one I shall keep. Thanks for the advice, RoyM.

You do realize that the Ping Eye 2 lofts are old school lofts and the Cleveland Launcher irons are new school lofts correct? For an accurate comparison, your Launcher 7-iron is probably around the same loft as you Ping Eye 2 6-iron. Compare those distances to see which one you are hitting better. Your Ping Eye 2 PW loft is going to be around 50* and should eliminate the need for a Gap Wedge where you Cleveland PW loft is going to be around 46-47* requiring you to get into a GW.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Please excuse Eracer, Roy. He's one of the many uneducated, uncooth members here who thrive on degrading Pings.
Guilty - comes from my experiences with them. I just never hit a Ping iron that didn't feel harsh. Ping developed the Cushin shaft for a reason.

Harshness - it's the "feel" that Ping lovers come to love (for some twisted reason - personally, I think they're all masochists.)

🔥 Latest posts