• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ping G10 9º with Diamana BB stiff

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I love my G10 10.5 with reg. Ping shaft but my trajectory was pretty high and I didn't get much roll out.

I sold the POS R9 460 and went to the Golf Shack and on the rack sits a brand new Ping G10 9º with a stiff Diamana BB in it. I thought this shaft was an added cost but it had the same reduced price as the other G10's. I grabbed it and even though I wasn't sure if I could handle the stiff flex, bought it I have heard the BB's play a soft to flex like the stiff NVS I had in my Rapture.

Today I played nine to check it out. First couple holes I teed it normal height and nothing spectacular. Then I saw the contact spots on the face and all were high. I then teed it down probably so the bottom of the ball was 3/4" above the ground and ....

WHOO HOO! :killersmiley:

Straight down the middle and probably 240-250 carry. But the kicker was it lowered my trajectory (very boring) just like I was hoping and it rolled out (measured with my neo GPS) to 275 yards on a level par 4 with no wind. :D

I am so happy. And is that Diamana Blue Board silky smooth. I can go at it now with no balloon ball slice.

That is all..........

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Go tee your other G10 lower and see if you get the same lower ball flight, now.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I hit that one on the sweet spot every time and arrived at that initially by trying the different tee heights. Teeing this lower gets me in the sweet spot. Shaft differences? In any case a huge difference. :)

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
WBL, in your opinion, do you think the G10 heads are lighter than others? For some reason, when I tried the G10 with stock shaft, it just felt really light.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
SWEET pickup WBL!!!

I tried it wasn't in the rapture V2 head, I really liked that combo. You are gonna love the BB

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
WBL, in your opinion, do you think the G10 heads are lighter than others? For some reason, when I tried the G10 with stock shaft, it just felt really light.

Johnny Par

It's D3 swingweight and feels the same weight as the Rapture, R9 460, sssmokin's Sumo, and most others (to me). I thought the Burner was lighter I hit.

According to the Ping site it weighs 199 gr.

SWEET pickup WBL!!!

I tried it wasn't in the rapture V2 head, I really liked that combo. You are gonna love the BB

VtDivot

I'm already thinking of putting one in my other G10!! :D

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Sounds great "J". I love the BB in my FT-5, awesome feeling shaft, :thumbs up:

extremeVFT03

golfaholic
Supporting Member
Apr 22, 2007
Country
so do you think the BB played the right flex or did it feel softer then stiff

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Oh let him have some fun, the eyes are the 1st to go.

Wi-Golfer

Well, there's nothing wrong with my GPS and I have witnesses. :D We'll have a long drive contest at the Bull Wi for $$$$$$$$ :D

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Well, there's nothing wrong with my GPS and I have witnesses. :D We'll have a long drive contest at the Bull Wi for $$$$$$$$ :D

That's it old man, i'm coming at you like a spider monkey! Gonna have to break out THE HAMMER!!:prop:

🔥 Latest posts