• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ping G10 Driver

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
10.5º loft with regular flex Ping shaft. No pics yet but she's "purty"... :) Heck, why should I take my blurry pics. Here's some from wrx.. New Ping G10 Driver & 3 wood Pics! - GolfWRX.com

I KNOW it's the honeymoon but I picked this up this morning and went directly to play nine holes with it, no hitting on the driving range. Cold turkey!! The face is dead nuts square, just like my Rapture was. It sets up very nicely, just like every Ping driver I've owned. :) I was using a Srixon Zur-S and Bridgestone B330-S ball.

First hole I teed it up the same as for my Sumo2 and hit a skyball (high on the face). :(

Next hole I teed it lower and POW! (who needs "the hammer" :D ). Straight down the middle, no draw, no fade and as long as I've hit one in over a year. At LEAST 250+ (total distance) and that's being conservative for LyleG. 329 yard par 4 and I had 75 yards in. Wedge playing it at 75 yards was on the green. :)

Next hole, POW!, straight down the middle and longer. This one HAS to be 265+. 354 yard par 4 and I had 75 yards in. And I'm estimating off the distance to the pin subtracted from the hole length and subtracting another 10 yards just for LyleG. :) My wedge playing it at 75 yards was on the green. :)

The whole round went like this. :) :) :) :) The greens were horribly slow so all my birdie chances went up in smoke but I still got an honest 46. And I outdrove the two young guys I played with on "almost" every hole. And mine were in the middle of the fairway. There's weren't. :D

This is like my old Rapture on steroids! I was reluctant to go with the 10.5º loft but it gave a very "piercing" trajectory so assume it's pretty accurate in that regard. No balloon balls at all. I can not say enough about this driver.

It sounds fantastic
It FEELS fantastic, the perfect weight
The shaft is the best OEM shaft I've ever hit. It's not leaving this head.

I could have bought this with a V2 shaft but Lyle said the Ping shaft was good and as usual he was right. He (and others in here) were also right in recommending a regular flex shaft. And I don't need the square Sumo2. This is easily as straight as that is and far longer. I strongly recommend you demo this driver before buying something else. All the other good reviews on the web are dead on. :)

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
That's cool that you've found something you liked. Once a Ping guy, always a Ping guy.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
The pro at my club dumped his 905R and 907 D2 both with Blueboard - one of them is in my bag now ;) for the G10. STOCK shaft.

This guy can get anything he wants for free. He's playing Cally prototype blades (the same ones Philly Mick had) the new Vokey wedge that is going for 450 on ebay AND this Ping stock driver. I can't believe he's not playing something with a Matrix in it, but he's a soft swinger like me and he says it's 15 yards longer than his Titty/Diamana combo.

I need to hit this thing :D

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
I've heard nothing but good things about these. Supposedly about as high MOI as the square drivers, yet more traditional. Glad to hear you went with the 10.5 WBL. Very low spin head, I hear.

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I'm just waiting for "The G10 Challenge" Thread to start :)

I've played with 2 people who have the new G10 and both hit it very well. It won best driver in Todays golfer and they wrote it up as being good enough for a Pro to a 28 Capper.

:needpics:

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Nice, taking it right out of the plastic and putting it into play. :)

Sounds like you may have found a keeper. Could this be the end of the WBL revolving driver line up?

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Sounds like you may have found a keeper. Could this be the end of the WBL revolving driver line up?

No way in hell will this be the end, 1st time the driver misbehaves the search will be back on.

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
I don't think so.................he really regretted selling the Rapture. He always comes back to Ping. He won't mess with success, IMO. Now let's see some pics. :smilie_pi

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Welcome back, WBL. ;)

Rapture on steroids, huh? After seeing words like that, my wallet is lucky that I had the best driving round of my life yesterday!

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
...and nearly sky marking it 1st shot :ugly25::ugly25:

MG

It was close!!! And I would have cried right there on the course... :(

And WG, after doing the dumbest thing in my life (selling the Rapture) I'll never leave this go.... no more wasted money on shafts either. You have not yet witnessed the REAL WBL in the tee box!! :D I now have three extra drivers for sale or trade... Make that 2. I'll keep the Ping G2 since it's not as forgiving but gets out there. :)

Now all my concentration ('hoing) will be on my short game or play around with some (Ping G10?) different hybrids. :)

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Be careful with the G10 hybrids; when you try, you buy. Mine has been gamed for two rounds and it just rocks!!

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I don't think so.................he really regretted selling the Rapture. He always comes back to Ping. He won't mess with success, IMO. Now let's see some pics. :smilie_pi

Those were my thoughts exactly, now that he is back with Ping the only worry is when Ping releases their next model. :laugh:

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country

sssmokin

Rather then take my blurry images I got these from wrx. Hope they don't mind... :(
p1.jpg
p2.jpg
p3.jpg
p4.jpg

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.