• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ping G400 Driver

Hoganman1

Feb 10, 2018
Charlotte, NC
Country
United States United States
I realize this driver is "old news" now that the G410 has been out for awhile, but I just got mine in May. It's the best driver I've found in many years. As a club fanatic I've tried several over the last five years trying to get back some of the distance I've lost through injury and aging. I experimented with various brands, various lofts and both regular and senior flex shafts. I was about to give up when I tried a friends G400. I liked it so I bought a 10.5* with the stock regular shaft off the rack at Dick's. Nearly, four months in I still love it. I've gained 10 to 15 yards off the tee and it's very forgiving of my mis-hits. I hear the G410 is just as good if not better. However, I don't plan to change again anytime soon.

Golf Bag Photo.JPG

OP
Hoganman1

Hoganman1

Feb 10, 2018
Charlotte, NC
Country
They are. I usually fall in love with a new driver and then in a couple of months I'm back to where I was. So far it's been four months and I'm still driving it really well.
Footnote: Since the photo I've replaced the 21* fairway metal with a 19* hybrid.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Had a G400 SFT for a few weeks. Never was able to hit it. Don't know whether it was the shaft or the head. Wish I had gone with the G400 Max.

OP
Hoganman1

Hoganman1

Feb 10, 2018
Charlotte, NC
Country
Had a G400 SFT for a few weeks. Never was able to hit it. Don't know whether it was the shaft or the head. Wish I had gone with the G400 Max.
I looked at both of those models, but opted for the regular G400. I guy I know has the Max and he likes it.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I tried the G410 at Golf Galaxy on their simulator recently. Head was too heavy for me. Also tried all the versions of the Mavrik and the B21. Nothing comes close to my Sim.

OP
Hoganman1

Hoganman1

Feb 10, 2018
Charlotte, NC
Country
I tried the G410 at Golf Galaxy on their simulator recently. Head was too heavy for me. Also tried all the versions of the Mavrik and the B21. Nothing comes close to my Sim.
I've heard good things about both the Sim and the Mavrik. I don't know anyone who has the G410 as yet, but I'm sure it's OK too.

🔥 Latest posts