• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ping G5 Hybrid?

sandwedge

Oct 19, 2006
I found out from a friend that our local driving range has some Ping G5 hybrids for sale for $40. These are brand new and have graphite shafts. This seems like a great deal to me. I checked around and they are retailing for $149.

I already have 2 Nike CPR hybrids so I don't really need one but I don't like to pass up a good deal (you ho's on here are starting to wear on me). I know that a lot of people don't like Ping but is this a good deal?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Man, that IS a deal. I'm tempted even though I've got two brand new Nickents. Could always make a buck on them on E-Bay. :D

(I like your Avatar) :D

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Okay, your first mistake was telling the folks here how much you plan on paying for it; you'll get nothing more than $45 now from this crowd. ;)

As WBL said, that is a GREAT deal. A while back I was looking for a more fw style hybrid and so I picked up a 19* G5 hybrid. I had the club for three weeks before I took advantage of the shops "play it for 30 days" guarantee. I never could settle down with it and in the end it fell short in the feel dept. (I'm spoiled with the Sonartecs when it comes to feel)

OP
sandwedge

sandwedge

Oct 19, 2006
So I decided to run up to the driving range to buy a few of these to sell or trade. My buddy had just bought one on Sunday and told me about them. When I get there and look at them I see that they are not Ping G5's but a cheap looking knockoff:mad: I was all set to buy a few. Wait until I get a hold of my friend that told me about them.:( No wonder why they were so cheap.

🔥 Latest posts