• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ping i10 Iron Fitting

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
So....you went and got fitted for Pings....then you bought them....and now you're telling everyone?

That's like getting pantsed at the Super Bowl right after getting out of the pool, then bragging about it.

Ping?

Seriously?

Geeze.

Like....real Pings? Are you in the "Green Dot Club" now or anything? Do you have to buy OEM grips at all cost? How's the Karsten putter guy tatoo healing up?

R35

I think he's hoping to get in with Lorena this way, even though Calc is a more realistic bet ;)

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I'm blue dot, 1/4" over and have the white cord grips. Only difference is my S59's have the Nippon pro 950GH shafts (which I love). Edwin Watts has always been the leader IMHO. I've bought from them for years. Good job!! :)

Now waiting the review of the set in use on the course. :)

And I would have gotten the S58's!! :D

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I just bought a set of these for a friend. Out of any ping I've seen, they're the nicest set to come out of that gawd forsaken company.

R35

No choice in the matter, I couldn't get what I wanted used without having to modify it myself or paying someone to modify it. Normally, I would mod myself, but Pings are not all that easy to modify without risking damage. If I am going to pay someone to modify them, the cost of the clubs used plus the mod costs were going to put me pretty much right at buying the clubs new so I figured I might as go through the whole fitting experience.

Besides, since you started pimping rather than ho'ing we were running out of stories in the equipment forum. :D

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Nice report Tim. I hope you hit them well. I'm looking forward to seeing them up close this winter :)

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I'm blue dot, 1/4" over and have the white cord grips. Only difference is my S59's have the Nippon pro 950GH shafts (which I love). Edwin Watts has always been the leader IMHO. I've bought from them for years. Good job!! :)

Now waiting the review of the set in use on the course. :)

And I would have gotten the S58's!! :D

Quite frankly, I do not play often enough to keep my ball striking where it needs to be for less forgiving irons. If I did not hit it so bloody high, I probably would have gone G10 for the extra forgiveness but the increased offset and more weight lower in the club would have lead to a balloon fest. The S58's were not a realistic option for me.

The i10's pretty much fit into my desired club attributes. I like the look of players clubs, need the lower ball flight of players clubs, need some extra forgiveness as I do not get out to the course and range often enough, less offset visible at address, thinner top line, and I really like the feel of a Ping compared to other cast clubs.

As far as Edwin Watts goes, this was my first club purchase from them. I have picked up an occasional accessory or two there over the past few years and visited their putting green to try out a bunch of putters but that is about it. When I decided to bite the bullet, I reviewed all of the Ping fitters in the area and it came down to Golfsmith or one of the 6 or so Edwin Watts in the area. The super store had the most game analysis equipment, more Ping regional award winning fitters, and had been selected as one of Golfworld's Top 100 Golf Shops so I set up an appointment with them.

I was fortunate that the regional Ping rep was there as I was able to pick his brain and take advantage of his Ping knowledge. Combining his knowledge base with that of the Assistant Manager made for a better fitting in my opinion.

The clubs will not arrive unti after my next round, but I should be able to get a range session or two in next weekend after they arrive and try to squeeze a round in the following week.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
How about kelvinsense?
:D
Actually, I know a guy a little south of me who has some Ping wedges. I may see if he'll let me demo them in July and possibly trade for it. Rumor has it he likes Srixon wedges.

So....you went and got fitted for Pings....then you bought them....and now you're telling everyone?

That's like getting pantsed at the Super Bowl right after getting out of the pool, then bragging about it.

Ping?

Seriously?

Geeze.

Like....real Pings? Are you in the "Green Dot Club" now or anything? Do you have to buy OEM grips at all cost? How's the Karsten putter guy tatoo healing up?

R35
Jealousy is an ugly trait, Rock.

Touching boobs with Dimarco....I'm with ya there. :D

R35
Seriously, work on that jealous streak!!

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Nice report Tim. I hope you hit them well. I'm looking forward to seeing them up close this winter :)

Thanks, VT. You going to find yourself down in Florida again this winter? I had a lot of fun last December (well, except for the knee thing and losing money to you :D) and would like to get a similar set of characters together for a round or two.

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I think he's hoping to get in with Lorena this way, even though Calc is a more realistic bet ;)

I don't know about that, some of the Latin American women I know have a bit too fierce of a temper to get too close to. :D

Calc? I wouldn't mind hanging out with the Calc. A round of golf, have a few beers and bowl a frame or two. I would rather play a round of golf with Calc than with Tiger and/or Phil.

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Depends on how close....and what for!!;)
If your going to risk it, just do it Navy seal style: Slip in, get the job done, and get out before the fireworks start.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Thanks, VT. You going to find yourself down in Florida again this winter? I had a lot of fun last December (well, except for the knee thing and losing money to you :D) and would like to get a similar set of characters together for a round or two.

I'm in for Dec again.

I'd like to get out to Steve's area tho.... DFW. Are you and E game for that?

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I would like to try and get out there, but I can not commit to anything, yet. We are down one person at work at the moment and days off are getting harder to come by. :(

I would like to go around that course Steve played with all those Tour copy-cat holes. That place looks fun.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.