• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ping i10 Iron Fitting

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
For the longest time I carried a 23* hybrid but, on a whim, picked up the G2HL 4 iron (gotta love GlobalGolf). I couldn't believe how easy it was to hit, and hit well. It actually bumped a hybrid out my bag.

Those BJ hybrids have a pretty nice look to them. I've seen them in the local GS but I've yet to hit one.

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
The Bobby Jones hybrids have also just come down in retail price as well. They now can be had for $150 retail down from $200. Finding them used was next to impossible. There were some out there, but never in the loft or flex (or condition) I needed. I was able to snag both of mine NIP for less than tthe new retail price earlier this year which was a great deal then, but not so much any more.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
That's the thing, they are quite cost prohobitive, especially since they're still running infomercials. That infomercial stigma will be hard to shake. Word of mouth is good though and so hopefully they adjust the price point correctly so they can start getting them in bags. Makes me think of Adams in that regard...

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
The look and concept of the Bobby Jones hybrids has always intrigued me. But the cost has always kept me from pulling the trigger. I've yet to find a hybrid that just really wowed me with its performance and can't justify the price for another failed experiment. :emot-ange

Now that the price is finally dropping a bit I may snag one and give it a try?

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I have seen 2 of the Bobby Jones hybrids at the Golf Galaxy in Madison, price was something along the lines of $140 each.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Depends. It can if you've committed to SWMBO that you're selling one set prior to getting the second set and then the second set arrives while the first set is still in the garage....
She was surprised/pleased that I actually sold all of my extra clubs except for the main bag and the beach bag, so I don't run into this. I actually don't like keeping extra clubs around except for my old blades from the 80's and 2 extra clubs that go with my sets.

See above, PM if you're serious about picking up some i5's...

Green dot R flex, by any chance? :D

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Chemboy, wait to you break out the i10 U wedge. My favorite club in the bag again, a 50* wedge. Chips, pitches, partial wedge shots, it my go to club 100 yards and in. Loved my Eye 2+ PW and the i10 U wedge is even better around the green.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Chemboy, wait to you break out the i10 U wedge. My favorite club in the bag again, a 50* wedge. Chips, pitches, partial wedge shots, it my go to club 100 yards and in. Loved my Eye 2+ PW and the i10 U wedge is even better around the green.

Got a chance to put it in action last Friday. My full swing was complete crap (I don't care what irons you're using, the hosel is not very forgiving) but my 1/2 and 3/4 touch shots with the U wedge (remember it is bent to 48*, acts as my PW) were money.

I just got back from the range and I'm still quite happy with these. The loft/lies are identical to my i5s but I did make two other tweaks; using aqua grip (-1/64) and the SW are a touch more (4/5 D1, 6-9 D2 - compared to stock D0).

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I just got back from the range and I'm still quite happy with these. The loft/lies are identical to my i5s but I did make two other tweaks; using aqua grip (-1/64) and the SW are a touch more (4/5 D1, 6-9 D2 - compared to stock D0).

I had them go D2 through PW and then increase the weight a bit in the remaining wedges. Works better for me for whatever reason.

Hopefully, I am getting back out to the range this week once the new toys arrive and get my swing back into shape for next year.

chure

May 6, 2009
This is great to hear, err, read!

My G10/i10 combe set arrived on Wednesday afternoon. I've already been to the range twice and have hit a couple hundred balls with them. Obsiously it is early but I am very pleased so far. I'm playing this afternoon so we'll see how they do on course.

I'm getting fitted on Saturday for irons and the G10/I10 combo set is something that is interesting to me, is it common to combine the sets, using the G10 for longer irons and I10 for scoring clubs?

any feedback is appreciated

🔥 Latest posts