• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ping irons question

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Do you have pool chemicals (chlorine) stored in the shed? I had some rusting issues in my garage in Orlando until I moved my pool chemicals to an external storage bin.

Reactions: Ken

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
I'm not sure if I really like the idea of storing my clubs in a shed. To me that's basically outside. I wouldn't leave my clubs outdoors. A garage is another story all together, some are insulated better than the homes they attach to. Both our sets are kept downstairs in an extra room. My extras and backups live in a Callaway Tour bag down there too.

Ken

Sep 4, 2015
Country
Do you have pool chemicals (chlorine) stored in the shed? I had some rusting issues in my garage in Orlando until I moved my pool chemicals to an external storage bin.
View attachment 26893 Help... my new (1 year old) clubs have a SERIOUS rust problem. I play usually about every other week. Played about 10 days ago, I go to my shed last night to get them out for the weekend and I find them with tons of rust of them. Yes, it's been hot and insanely humid. But 10 days? Rust to this level? I tried cleaning them up with vinegar as I saw on Youtube, also tried CLR. Rust is gone but now they spotted, looked terrible. Sad sad day !
View attachment 26894

At first I thought someone dipped my clubs in our pool (salt) as a way of telling me to stay home on Sunday's. My friends joke how "rusty" my game is... ughhh. But Louie you are RIGHT. The heat, humidity and the fact that the all our pool chemicals are stored in the shed made for an awful experiment. After inspecting, found fishing poles to be rusty and a number of other things. Do not store your clubs near or around pool chemicals in a shed.

Ken

Sep 4, 2015
Country
Sorry Ualtim you were RIGHT about the pool chemicals not Louie..but Louie you are right, golf clubs do not belong outside (aka shed) they should be safe and sound inside. Unless it's a set you really don't care about.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Sorry Ualtim you were RIGHT about the pool chemicals not Louie..but Louie you are right, golf clubs do not belong outside (aka shed) they should be safe and sound inside. Unless it's a set you really don't care about.
Ken, send the irons to Ping. They will tumble them and they will look like new when you get them back. There is no way you'll get all the corrosion off. Ping should be able to take care of the problem.
If you send them to Ping, ask them to check inside the shafts. If you have that much corrosion on the club heads, I would imagine the inside of the shafts... unchromed... is really corroded. You won't know that until the shafts start breaking.

🔥 Latest posts