• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ping owners...fill me in

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
So about 8 years ago I almost pulled the trigger on a set of i3 blades. I never did and haven't really looked much at Ping until this year. I have not been impressed with the look of the S series with the exception of the S57's. I am still thinking of finding a set of i3's but should I be looking at some of the newer lines? i10's or i15's? Is there THAT much difference?

Thanks!

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Here's what I get from in between the lines... "As soon as I find a deal I like on I3 Blades I am going to get them. If in the meantime someone can give me enough reason to look at any of the other models I will slow this process down, but will eventually get I3 Blades. One of these days i'm going to play golf."

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
The I3+ Blades were terrific. I liked the "+" better than the original I3 Blades. Not a lot of difference, other than the offset in the longer irons. Either one is a good set of clubs.
As far as the later lines, the I5 and the I20 both got good reviews. Those two got better reviews than the I10 and the I15. I think I've said, one of our regulars got I20's this year. They are, really, too much club for him. We commented just this morning. New golf cart... New golf bag... New rangefinder... New clubs... How anyone with all that new stuff can still shoot 102 is beyond me. But, he's a recently retired Sergeant Major and a really fun guy to play golf with.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Here's what I get from in between the lines... "As soon as I find a deal I like on I3 Blades I am going to get them. If in the meantime someone can give me enough reason to look at any of the other models I will slow this process down, but will eventually get I3 Blades. One of these days i'm going to play golf."

its like we are married you know me so well.

For the record, I have looked at some eye 2's also!

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
its like we are married you know me so well.

For the record, I have looked at some eye 2's also!

Great minds think alike, although the only eye2 i've ever even considered for one second is the new wedge rereleases. From what you've said about what you like in the past it boggles me that you'd like eye2's. Soooo much offset. I forced myself to hold in the puke long enough to demo the new 56* wedge and it hit so nice I forgot about how it looked before I was done demoing the thing.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Great minds think alike, although the only eye2 i've ever even considered for one second is the new wedge rereleases. From what you've said about what you like in the past it boggles me that you'd like eye2's. Soooo much offset. I forced myself to hold in the puke long enough to demo the new 56* wedge and it hit so nice I forgot about how it looked before I was done demoing the thing.
It boggles my mind a bit to be looking at eye 2's but I played with a guy in HS who had a set. Ever since I have kind of had my eye out for a deal. After the i3 line I lost interest in ping, but with the downfall of Hogans I needed to search around. May be time to give Ping another look, and since I don't get to play much anymore I may need the offset and forgiveness!

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Had some eye2 last year. Just couldn't get used to how ugly they were.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Had some eye2 last year. Just couldn't get used to how ugly they were.

They are definitely not the prettiest clubs, I will give you that!

🔥 Latest posts