• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ping Peeps

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
racist.gif
I could easily .... never mind. :mad::devil::cool::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Throw another shrimp on the barbie ...

We had some Australians in our office last fall for meeting. I had to put a presentation together for our data acquisition methods and slipped in a picture into the presentation, mainly because I am a jerk.

BzXDZbKCEAEE3Z5.jpg

Anyways, this started a conversation about Australian sayings, and this one is a total farce according to my Aussie experts. They flat out do not say this. They did fill me in on a few other slang terms, many of which had the room in stitches.

As an aside, the lovely lady who was part of the group was a hard 10.

R35

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
We had some Australians in our office last fall for meeting. I had to put a presentation together for our data acquisition methods and slipped in a picture into the presentation, mainly because I am a jerk.

BzXDZbKCEAEE3Z5.jpg

Anyways, this started a conversation about Australian sayings, and this one is a total farce according to my Aussie experts. They flat out do not say this. They did fill me in on a few other slang terms, many of which had the room in stitches.

As an aside, the lovely lady who was part of the group was a hard 10.

R35

Yep, the "Shrimp on the barbie saying" was actually from an ad pitched to Americans to holiday in Australia. But it seemed to gather a life of its own. It's been quoted many times in US media and even by Hollywood (eg. Jim Carey in Dumb and Dumber).

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.