• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ping Putter Question

dixon8840

Jul 4, 2009
I recently bought what I thought was a new PING Karsten Anser 2 on eBay.com. When I received the putter and removed the sticker at the bottom of the head, there was a PING B60 encraving while the back of the cavity reads, USA Anser 2, engraved in black rather than white. Did I buy a defective putter or is it possible that B60 is a variation of the Anser 2? The head shape is an Anser 2 rather than the blade shape on most B60's I have seen. Please help me determine if I've been "hoodwinked".

Also, the grip isn't consistent around the shaft. There is a small ridge where the grip isn't all the way attached. Can this be corrected inexpensively or do I need to buy a new grip?
Thanks.:smilie_pi:killersmiley:

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
I'm not sure what kind of putter you received, but the B60 and Anser models are two entirely different heads. From what I've experienced anyway. Maybe a mistake in manufacturing? or possibly a knock-off??

PINGELI

Sep 7, 2007
Call PING at 1800-4PINGFIT and verify the club through them. If it is defective they will replace it. They can at least tell you if it's legit (they will ask for the serial number). The grip they use is similar to a Winn grip and it has a distinctive "seam" in the back. I had my PINg i-series Craz-E regripped with a PING blackout grip. Hope your club is real. The Anser 2 and B60 are different models.

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Jun 26, 2007
So is it the older Anser 2? I have one of those. If you could throw up a picture. Its possible some one paint filled it with black instead of white.

OP
D

dixon8840

Jul 4, 2009
Thanks, guys. I returned the putter to eBay seller who insists it's not a mfg. defect. I'll probably get an Karsten Anser 2 from the local Edwin Watts and spend the extra $.

usa1950

Divots like a 72 Playboy
Jul 15, 2007
A B-60 is to an Anser like Paula Creamer is to Laura Davies......

🔥 Latest posts