• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ping Rapture V2 or TaylorMade R7 CGB Max 2008

sftwcnslt

Jan 20, 2009
Ok guys, here we go.

I am new to this site and the reason I joined was to get a review on a couple set of irons that I have tired. Let me say that I am 54 years old, have a 12 to 14 handicap depending on how long I have been off and I use a set of (go ahead and start the laughter) Hogan Radials, stiff steel shaft irons. Yes they are 35 years old but are in great shape, just not worth anything.

I have decided to expand my horizon and have narrowed it down to two sets of irons. The first is the 2008 Ping Rapture V2, graphite, blue dot, stiff shaft. The other is the 2008 TaylorMade R7 CGB Max graphite, stiff shaft.

I hit both about the same when playing against the canvas screen and as I have found out, Ping does not offer a deal and are roughly $175 per club. I have found dealer in eBay and can get the TaylorMade's for $70 per club. Big difference unless someone knows a place to get a deal on new or used Pings.

Cost aside, give me your feed back on both sets of irons and help me select one that I can keep for another 30+ years.

Thanks and go Grip em and Rip em.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I agree about the G10s, or you can go for a set of Raptures (not V2) which would give you more than enough forgiveness and they go for about half the price of V2s right now and look much alike...

freed0m

Jan 16, 2009
The TaylorMade 2008 R7 CGB Max irons is very forgiving and hits the ball very loooong! They are considered to be "super game improvement" clubs and looks sharp too. :idhitit:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.