• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Pirates!

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
I'm having a glass of iced vodka, usually my happy hour consists of Shiner, Jack and Coke or a glass of red wine and a plate of cheese.

If you're reading this you're confused. thinking WTF has this got to do with pirates?

As you probably know, around Somalia the latest outdoor sport craze is getting a bunch of your buddies on a small boat, grab a couple of RPG's and run out into the ocean to try and grab a freighter. Then you ransom the ship back to the owners for a burlap bag full of cash. Great plan.

To combat this problem, there's a multinational naval force out there that hang around and wait for a call from a freighter that says "Hey, there's a bunch of dipwads out here chasing me with RPG's". One of the good guys then runs out and grabs the dipwads. The next thing that happens is the Navy (whoever they are) asks the Government of the freighters' flag what they want done. If it's western flag, they usually say "I don't want to screw with the Pirates' rights, do whatever you want." So the Navy takes their RPG's away and respecting the Pirates rights, sends them home to try again. If it's an Islamic country, they say "Send them to me, we want to cut their head's off in the public square" the Navy, being Civilized and such, decline to participate in the barbarian punishment and send the Pirates home.

Well it seems that the latest Naval force to capture a boat load of Somalian Pirates was a Russian vessel. As was usual, the Western Nation declined to prosecute so they told the Russians to take away their RPG's and send them back to their Mamas. Apparently something happened because the Pirates never got home. The Russians just shrug and say "I dunno, they were all OK last time we saw them. They must have had an unfortunate accident on the way home." There was some suggestion that the unfortunate accident was encouraged by the Russians.

I obviously can't say for sure, but "Na Zdorovie!"

OP
wirehair

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
In soviet Russia, boats pirate you.

I bet those pirates don't hijack any more ruskie frieghters eh?

WTG RUSSIA!!!

Now Clark, don't be jumping to any conclusions. There's no proof that those Evil Russians lobbed a 3 inch shell into those poor, underprivileged, misguided Somalian lads pleasure craft. They were probably just out spending an afternoon doing some fishing, with AK47's and RPG's along for amusement.

Stoli is pretty good stuff.:)

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I'm still not seeing the connection between your drink and the pirates.

Only the drink and your posting. :)

Members online

No members online now.