• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Pix from my beach trip

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Thanks for the info. Nice condo. Some nice course pics, too. Bummer about Emerald Bay. It sucks paying a lot of money for a crappy course. You want to throttle someone and ask them, "how dare they?"

Sounds like a great trip, though.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Very nice Bravo, and as my dad says to me sometimes, "Some guys got it all." :D

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Thanks for the info. Nice condo. Some nice course pics, too. Bummer about Emerald Bay. It sucks paying a lot of money for a crappy course. You want to throttle someone and ask them, "how dare they?"

Sounds like a great trip, though.

I agree...I wanted to go into the Pro Shop and tell them 'you've got balls charging $100 for a course in that kind of condition'.

The part that I forgot to mention was that the fairways were covered in poa annua. The lies sucked compared to good bermuda or rye and you couldn't get a good divot because they were so hard...

We have a 'rotation' of local courses that are on our list for this annual trip and we just took Emerald Bay off. Hidden Creek will be on our list permanently for our 36 hole day...two rounds for around $80-85...

Live and learn.

paddy10189

Sep 14, 2006
When I played Emerald bayy a couple weeks ago it was horrible but it "only" cost 65 i think because of our condo discount so it wasn't to terribly bad

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
When I played Emerald bayy a couple weeks ago it was horrible but it "only" cost 65 i think because of our condo discount so it wasn't to terribly bad

Well that's our last round there...what did you think about the postage-stamp sized greens??

Adding nothing but insult to injury.

Fastback

Nov 13, 2006
better then anything i've played.. we have had alot of issues with no rain, water restrictions, so most fairways are brown with patches of earth peeking through now..

heading to winter here now, so hopefully greens up quite well for the next season

paddy10189

Sep 14, 2006
those greens were horrible, not only were they small they looked like they had the worst mow job ever there was uneven grass and bumbs everywhere

Bama Duffer

Mar 14, 2005
I've played Emerald Bay a couple of times, most recently a few months back. The price was a more "reasonable" $70. Your description of the greens is on the mark--small, and with undulations designed to bounce balls off. Not a horrible course, but not worth $105.

🔥 Latest posts