• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005
Damn work, keeps getting in the way...

Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm a gettin' the warm fuzzies. :eek:

How's the backswing, Spank?

OK, Bravo, here's Jasna:

http://www.tpcatjasnapolana.com/

It's a TPC tract in Princeton on the estate of J. Seward Johnson (of J&J fame). The estate was renamed to Jasna Polana by Johnson's wife, the former Polish maid of the estate, who inherited the property on his demise. She was/is a real shrewdy. Johnson's kids were contesting her rights to the estate when she inherited (she was his second wife, considerably younger, and inherited the bulk of his holdings) and she really wasn't interested in living there, anyway. But rather than give in to the kids, she decided she'd develop the land. Well, this set the town off, and it levied significant restrictions on what she could do with it. Now, land values back then were somewhat depressed (they've since skyrocketed--she'd never build it today) and she couldn't get what she wanted for the property on an outright sale, particularly with the restrictions. Plus, the town was starting to soften to the kids, and throw its weight behind their case. (The kids were feeding the town the line that they would preserve the space, yada yada yada). So she proposed to build a premier golf gourse. The town gets behind this idea--land preservation, ratables, cachet--and they say OK. She gets $$, the kids' case fizzles, and there you are.

Anyway, the course looks spectacular. It's a Gary Player design, and has been host to senior tour events and, I think, a Shell's WWoG episode. What intrigues me about playing it is that Player designs course for members, so he includes bailouts for hazards in most designs.

The downside is that it is a private course, and the buy-in is steep (last I knew it was $80k in, $10K per year). Fortunately, I know a guy who works for Merrill Lynch, and they have a corporate membership. He's promising to get me on with the membership. I have begun to apply the screws. :wow:

So I've got that goin' for me, which is nice.

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
It looks superb....I would love to get on there also....That is a beautiful area in the summer time.

Great story about the family. All of the emotions you love to read about, greed, pathos, jealousy.

And in the end, everyone is richer.

Ahh the life of the billionaires.

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Coulda been a worse day, Bravo...

awww.toomuchsexy.org_images_lastphoto_lastphoto6.jpg

More to come...

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
GREAT PIX!!

Loved the bull...and the plane...

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
How does putting makes the ball fly, especially when he's got a very little followthrough? :faintthud

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
I noticed that too Loop. Some or all of the pics are obviously doctored, but funy none the less.

🔥 Latest posts