• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Plans for Independence Day?

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
What y'all got goin on?

Since we bought a house right on the parade route in town, we're having a bunch of friends/family over to watch the parade and have a cookout.

I have a prime brisket going on the smoker tonight, a bounce house is being delivered tomorrow for the kids, I'll fire up the grill for some brats/hot dogs. Maybe a fire down by the river and some fishing, then fireworks in the back yard after the sun goes down!

Going to be a glorious day!

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Yessir!

7/3/19: Heading to Nissan Stadium to watch the USA vs Jamica Gold Cup Semi-Final.
7/4/19: Neighbor is having an Independence Day Pool Party/Cookout
7/5/19: Golf Tournament at Champions Run at 10am and then pre-birthday dinner with the wifey at Drakes
7/6/19: Our Independence Day Pool/Waterslide/cookout party and my birthday
7/7/19: If I survive all of the above...a day of rest

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
We're on a parade route, too. We have a huge block party with tons of food and kegs. The city launches the fireworks off at the park my house backs up to so we just sit at home to watch 'em.

Our city moved the fireworks from down the river where we could see them from our back yard to across town a year before we bought this house....which sucks, but whatever, we can walk across town in about 20 minutes so it's not a big deal.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Yessir!

7/3/19: Heading to Nissan Stadium to watch the USA vs Jamica Gold Cup Semi-Final.
7/5/19: Golf Tournament at Champions Run at 10am and then pre-birthday dinner with the wifey at Drakes

Damn! Good luck buddy!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Morning golf with the geezers... as usual. Lunch. Afternoon nap. Not any different from any other day.

They allow shooting of personal fireworks from July 1 through July 4th. Yesterday, we began hearing lots of pops mid afternoon. Each time a firecracker went off, the dog would bark and growl and head to the room in the house she though was closest. Wanted to attack the sound. Let her out in the backyard. Again, every time a firecracker popped, she would head to that side of the yard just growling and barking. (As if a Jack Russell Terrorist/Chihuahua mix is going to chew up someone with fireworks!) All of a sudden, someone set off an M-80 style firecracker that rattled the windows. Our "brave" dog left a trail of grass behind her as all four feet were digging as fast as they could go to the deck, door, and back in the house. Guess she thought that big one might be a little too much to tackle.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Unfortunately for a lot of dogs....the 4th is hell on earth. My last dog spent most of the night under the car every 4th.

But...sorry, Rebel, time to celebrate our independence is more important.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Getting up early for a 6am start at work. ;)

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Sit in the yard watching the city's fireworks above the tree tops. Neighbor has his own fireworks and are pretty good also. Fight the millions of tourists during the day on the golf course. It gets mighty slow.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Yessir!

Should be a good match tonight. Probably a bit too hot and humid to enjoy an outdoor stadium, but Jamaica should prove to be a tough test for the US.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
What a day y'all.

Up quite a bit of the night working that brisket.
Up at 6am getting the beer on ice, setting up the pool for the kids, getting the bounce house set up, slip'n'slide, water balloons...

Kids had an absolute ball. We spent all day outside and the kids were wiped...they barely stayed awake for fireworks in the back yard...I'm just sitting here decompressing and quickly getting tired.

Fantastic day, they day of America's independence. Hope y'all all still have all your fingers and if you had half the fun I did today, you had a great day. :)

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Yessir!

Survived all of this...somehow.

What a weekend!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts