• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Played 2 new to me courses this weekend

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Saturday I played Gordon Lakes at Ft. Gordon (US Army base). They have 27 holes, all very nice. Even nicer was the price: $20 for 18 holes, walking. But it was hilly, very hot & humid, and I ran out of energy on the back 9. Shot 40 & 45, with 32 putts. Nice time I may ride as the carts are equipped with GPS. Hopefully they will show where the frigging water is before I hit my shot. Playing a course for the first time can be a bit surprising.

Today I played Jones Creek, a beautiful, difficult course winding through a very upscale subdivision. Riding only, and $50. Double bleeh.
72.3/134 for the white tees!!! I shot a 92 and my handicap went down!!
The greens were lightning fast bent grass, every fairway lie was sideways or uphill/downhill. No range marker sticks in the fairways and marked sprinkler heads were few. I found this out when I forgot to pack my laser rangefinder. I can't see playing this course again.

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast

Deep in thought
Sep 6, 2005
Sounds like some good shooting.

I agree that $50 and riding only sucks. I love walking courses. Yesterday, after I finished my initial 18, I went back to the front-9 and began hitting, and jogging with the bag on my back hoping to maybe get another 9 in. Got through 6.

Goodness, I think I'm insane at times.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
How to tell when you're getting tired when playing golf:

When you start having brain farts. Yesterday on the Jones Creek course I came to my second shot on a par 4. Couldn't find any marked sprinkler heads; had left my rangefinder at home; finally found a small flat white fairway marker. Damn, I thought, that sure looks like a LONG 100+15 yards. Oh well, pull out the 9 iron, and whacked the heck out of it. Came up 20 yards short.

As there was no one behind me, I did it 3 more times, with the same result.

It was only after I was on the next hole, that I realized that was the 150 marker, and that I was trying to hit my 9 iron 165 yards. Duh.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online