• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Played a full 18 holes today.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Well, I finally got a chance to play a full 18 holes today. I played like a man who hasn't hit a shot from over 125 yards out in ages/ Oh wait, I havem't hit a full shot in ages, and trust me, it showed. From 125 in I was deadly, my putting was lag everything up close on the 1st putt, then tap everything in. Off the tee box and from farther out in the fairway I stunk the joint up. I was dipping my head on my down swing, looking up too early so I could see what felt like a great shot. My only redeeming virtue from farther out was was Cally Big Biertha 5 wood steel head that I found dumpster diving. It looks like death warmed over, and not real warm at that, but the stick is deadly off the deck, and straingt as an arrow off the tee box. When I found it the grip had some kind of grease all over it, so I re-gripped it with one of my black and white Golf Pride

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Wish I could even get on a real grass driving range right now...Hit the heated range this morning with my new irons. I could tell a couple shots i hit fat, but the damn mats don't give you the fat feedback like grass does. At least i know when i'm doing it now.

Awesome that you got a full 18 in, dub!!! Did you keep score? I hear that short game is where it's at, I'm going to try to spend a lot of time on that this year. Hopefully keep my full swings in decent form, but really get my chipping, pitching and putting in tip top shape.

Wow...didn't realize this was a full month old already...sometimes i think that 'new posts' button doesn't work right.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
August 12th was my last shot.

Won't play again until May.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I'm hoping to be out before May. Usually April there are some decent days, I'll call up my boss and ask him if he wants to skip work and hit the links.

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
The weather here has been awesome for golf, it's presently 62 and sunny. Sadly the chemo has made me very suseptible to every little bug going around and somewhere along the way I caught something that turned into pneumonia/bronchitis. Kinda hard to play golf when I'm weak as dishwater and teathered to a oxygen bottle. So I've just been watching a lot of golf and doing some closet cleaning.

HighTopFade

Sep 1, 2006
Well, I finally got a chance to play a full 18 holes today. I played like a man who hasn't hit a shot from over 125 yards out in ages/ Oh wait, I havem't hit a full shot in ages, and trust me, it showed. From 125 in I was deadly, my putting was lag everything up close on the 1st putt, then tap everything in. Off the tee box and from farther out in the fairway I stunk the joint up. I was dipping my head on my down swing, looking up too early so I could see what felt like a great shot. My only redeeming virtue from farther out was was Cally Big Biertha 5 wood steel head that I found dumpster diving. It looks like death warmed over, and not real warm at that, but the stick is deadly off the deck, and straingt as an arrow off the tee box. When I found it the grip had some kind of grease all over it, so I re-gripped it with one of my black and white Golf Pride

Being confident with your 5 wood and being inside 125 is a very good thing. You'll score a good round just conservatively advancing your ball into your comfortable scoring range.

🔥 Latest posts